Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Wash. auto show. Man, what a lot of people and a lot of nice looking cars. Finally got to see the M3-S with 17" and side ext. IMHO, buyers must get the ABS, 17"/side ext., and the moonroof. This car (black Mica) looked great. But if I had the $, I would go for the RX-8.

One salesman tried to tell me I could upgrade to BOSE with the M3 until he asked a "superior" who said NO.

Definitely no comparison between the Corolla S and the M3 S in appearance, exterior and interior. One car which does give reason to test/compare is the Acura RSX (though the RSX is $2-3,000 more on average). Even Saturn had a nice little sports car but can't remember the name.

Still in VA and DC, the M3-Sport is just starting to trickle in. Not many available at this time.

Take care.

Kevin

·
Registered
882 Posts
Side exhaust? Got pics of that?

I doubt I'll be going to the Calgary auto show, it just gets worse and more hokey every year. I was actually embarassed to take my dad to it last year.

99% of the cars you couldn't even get into and the ones you could were missing most of their interior fixtures cause they didn't want people stealing them. And heaven forbid something other than their generic vehicles shows up, I'm glad I dish out the 15-20$ for entrance, parking and what not to go look at a bunch of camry's and pickups.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I think side ext= side sills, not side exhaust.

I agree about auto shows, and unless you go to NAIAS, NY auto show, or a big international event, they all usually have just ordinary vehicles with very few future/concept vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Saturn car you saw was porbably the new Ion Redline...

It's a SUPERCHARGED Saturn!

...hmph. Something about that seems very wrong...

·
Registered
882 Posts
It's the wing.... It needs to be bigger! :p

And why are there no Japanese letters in stenciled viynl on the side of it? Sheesh, what a piece of junk, like -50hp right there.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I STILL dont see why the RX8 had to have the same "suicide" doors.

The legendary RX7 wasnt such a wuss.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
cowtown said:
It's the wing.... It needs to be bigger! :p

And why are there no Japanese letters in stenciled viynl on the side of it? Sheesh, what a piece of junk, like -50hp right there.
Just wait until some young 2f2f kids get to it. :wink:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pics

Sorry, I did not get pics of the show. My first auto show and it was really worth it as I am looking at a new car in June/July. Right now the M3-S is my choice but the Acura RSX is a close second.

Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts