Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 23k on my car, it's 05. I Just got it back from the dealership, I got all 4 brake pads and shims replaced (squeaking in the cold) PCM update (hard 1-2 shift) and driver's side window bracket re-torqued (snap when going up)

they did it all under warranty and the car performs awesome. smooth shifting, no brake noise and more linear pedal feel. I'm a pretty happy camper right now :klavergreg:

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's the automatic owners. If you have a manual, the service managers and supervisors will automatically assume you race the car and try everything they can to avoid warranty work :p

·
Registered
334 Posts
Did you have a hard shift from First into Second or Going down from Second into First?

I have an incredibly massive hard shift almost EVERYTIME going from Second into First.

[quote author=-Michael- link=topic=69290.msg1201626#msg1201626 date=1171249488]
I have 23k on my car, it's 05. I Just got it back from the dealership, I got all 4 brake pads and shims replaced (squeaking in the cold) PCM update (hard 1-2 shift) and driver's side window bracket re-torqued (snap when going up)

they did it all under warranty and the car performs awesome. smooth shifting, no brake noise and more linear pedal feel. I'm a pretty happy camper right now :klavergreg:
[/quote]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=Whitespy9 link=topic=69290.msg1204947#msg1204947 date=1171398950]
Did you have a hard shift from First into Second or Going down from Second into First?

I have an incredibly massive hard shift almost EVERYTIME going from Second into First.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes I had a very abrupt shift from first to second. Especially when it was cold. putting the car in drive and reverse was also very rough. with the PCM upgrade the transmission shifts like a charm. Very smooth, no issues.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Is there a TSB on this one?
[quote author=-Michael- link=topic=69290.msg1209127#msg1209127 date=1171549489]
[quote author=Whitespy9 link=topic=69290.msg1204947#msg1204947 date=1171398950]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes I had a very abrupt shift from first to second. Especially when it was cold. putting the car in drive and reverse was also very rough. with the PCM upgrade the transmission shifts like a charm. Very smooth, no issues.
[/quote]

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
When you are driving at speed and brake to slow down, the ATX should downshift from 3rd to 1st.

Unless of course you are using the tiptronic to downshift into 1st. Other than that, you should be going very slow.

Also, maybe a transmission flush is in order, that usually smooths the shifting too.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I drained and filled the tranny at 12k when it first started. Not paying for a tranny flush at 40k still under warranty.

I notice it the most while in bumper to bumper to traffic, where I never see 3rd gear for a few miles.

[quote author=HouRman link=topic=69290.msg1209541#msg1209541 date=1171559904]
When you are driving at speed and brake to slow down, the ATX should downshift from 3rd to 1st.

Unless of course you are using the tiptronic to downshift into 1st. Other than that, you should be going very slow.

Also, maybe a transmission flush is in order, that usually smooths the shifting too.
[/quote]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts