Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I officially got screwed today. :evil:

Had my car in for the new Fuel Pump, dropped it off at 7:30AM, when they opened. Everything seemed good. They agree that my 80% remaining brake lining after just 1500 miles seemed odd too, so they are supposed to look at that.

At 3:30 I got a call from my dealer stating that parts forgot to ship them a spacer that goes with the pump, and that they don't know when that part will ship/arrive now. They also said that they can't put the old one back in there because it's a "one time use" kind of object.

Now I'm in a gripe over the rental car. I need a P5, SUV, or similar to lug all my DJ gear around it - especially since I have 3 parties between now and next Saturday. They are currently checking to see what they can do - and it doesn't help me that the President and GSM are both in Vegas at the car show (both of which I met and discussed some issue earlier this week).

Don't know if they found anything out about the brakes or the rattle in my door (yes, I know, it's been posted, but why should I have to pull the door apart??).

Mazda is beginning to act too much like Ford.

Shiniiizle. :mad:

I guess since it's going to sit in service for a few days, I should try to blame the bumper scratch on them whn I get it back.. :idea:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jebus - there's no 'already' about this. rpc and myself have had fuel pump issues since day 1 off the lot (well, I have, they just never could figure it out until last week).

dinu - They can't put it back together. There is a spacer part that they describe as "one time use only." I guess they had to break it to get to it.

p.s. I still love the car - it's wonderful.... It's the dealer, service, and Ford relation... My car is acting too much like a Ford, but I guess that's what lemon law is for. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any other dealers in the area that may have the part? I assume they have tried that, but you never know (couldn't they find the part at another dealer ANYWHERE and have it expressed?). I would hope the dealer wants your future business enough to try that. Couldn't hurt to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts