Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few people have lately been having trouble with Dabears2K.com. These Mazda3Forums members have purchased angel eye kits and have had the following problems:

1) One person received a kit where after installation, the angel eye stopped working within 24 hours. The member returned the angel eye and was sent a replacement angel eye that did not match. See the following picture:

When Matt was asked for another replacement again, except for one that matched, he stated that they were all the same and didn't know what our member was talking about. Please look at the picture, I believe it is self explanatory.

2) A second member ordered an angel eye kit, however, one of the angel eyes just didn't work. Matt asked her to mail the angel eye back. She promptly mailed it back and even has records showing he signed for it and received it a couple days later. However, he never mailed her back a new angel eye and only sent her an email that said:

"If I received the shipment, then I must have mailed you a new one"

Despite on going attempts by several of us to reach him, he continues to ignore that situation and does not seem to care about a resolution. She is out a lot of time and money trying to resolve this situation. It has now been three weeks, and she STILL has not received a replacement angel eye.

Business practices like these should not be tolerated and as a mazda3 community, we should question him to resolve these issues before continuing to give him further business. I am sure there are plenty of success stories, but as a member of the forums I do not like seeing any of my fellow Mazda3 owners being treated in such ways.

·
Registered
390 Posts
vtzwa-i have ordered from matt any times. I have ordered both pairs of lights from him and my front bumper, all with out any problems. He has gotten the parts to me in a few days which means shipping the parts cross country. I havent ran into a problem with him, and just last week one of my fog lights broke I emailed him and we worked everything out in literally two hours, over email. I will be receiving my light once I get Paypal worked out. Through my experiences his customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
i wasnt happy with my eyelids. im sure in the end it was user error lol. altho i know the shitty paint was definitely his fault. oh well you win some you lose some. as for the angel eye thing i suggest she call him up and try again. he is a busy dude.

·
Registered
652 Posts
just ordered a couple sets of HIDs from matt. Excellent service, he is very well known on the forums so to come on here and bash him is real low, if your having problems with something deal with matt, dont come on here and rip on someone.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
First and foremost, the person who had the unmatched angel eye was not told, "what are you talking about", he was asked to see if it matched after a day or two of running it. He responded 2 days later that it was not matching and he was promptly shipped a new one 2 days ago.

The person who said that he/she shipped back an angel eye, was sent a new one. Unless there is no information in the box as to what we are supposed to do, or the person was supposed to send shipping money and did not, no item EVER sits on our shelf for RMA. It is ALWAYS sent back out the same day.

DanielJ contacted me and asked me about the situation. I again looked all around the office and could not find any angel eyes that had been sent back that were waiting on RMA. The replacement had been shipped.

You can be unhappy with my service, but DO NOT LIE JAMES. I keep through email records and will be more than happy to post full conversations that I have with people to illustrate that we are running a fair and legitimate business.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have been very happy with my service, I got some fog lights where one bulb had broke during shipping Matt sent me new set out next day taped down and better packed. I would be more than happy to buy anything from him again.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Aside from this complaint , Dabears2k is very well known for excellent service ESPECIALLY to the mazda3forums. Of course, just like any other business, problems do occur. But personally I dont think its grounds to call them out on improper "business practices".

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
I just want to post the email that I got from the customer who had the mismatched angel eye.

to Matt <[email protected]>

dateWed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:39 PM
subjectRE: Enquiry from Dabears2k Performance
mailed-byhotmail.com

thanks for being so understanding about this whole thing... you have been a just help, and i will be sending any forum member (local or not) to you for anything that they might need. Thanks again! - Josh

So, once again James, you might want to get your facts straight before making a potentially defamatory post such as this.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
[quote author=423894 link=topic=138718.msg2989875#msg2989875 date=1236867879]
Aside from this complaint , Dabears2k is very well known for excellent service ESPECIALLY to the mazda3forums. Of course, just like any other business, problems do occur. But personally I dont think its grounds to call them out on improper "business practices".
[/quote]

I agree, I also reported this thread right away last night.

It is uncalled for and should of never made it this far.

I think this is why all users including Vendors / Sponsors have ratings on their profile, if someone is unhappy they can leave negative feedback, but only after an issue has been delt with and tried to be resolved.

Personal attack threads are just stupid, especially when the facts are not presented for all to see.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
To clear the air:

The car pictured above had a ring fail shortly after I installed them. A replacement ring was promptly shipped, however it was not the right color match. It was not the bright LED-type white that his kits normally include. Matt has sent another replacement ring that's been tested and is an assured color match.

The missing replacement ring for another member was a bit of a head scratcher. It was signed for by Matt but a replacement hadn't been received by the buyer. Was it a USPS error or did he simply not replace the ring? Given Matt's past experience with quick turn around and fast shipping, I honestly felt it was a USPS shipping issue. However, today Matt found a box with a high beam ring but no associated contact info inside the box. Could this be the missing ring? Quite possibly.

I spoke to Matt last night and to ensure we're all satisfied, he's sending me an entire kit free of charge so I can replace the needed ring as well has have extra supplies and parts on hand should any local member need them in the future. It was not what I was expecting and it is pretty generous of him, I actually already have the FedEx tracking number for this kit.

I'm just glad to have product and wrap up these installs so my friends can enjoy them.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
And with that wonderful and very constructive post (thanks Daniel) we'll close this back up. The thread was originally locked since all of the OP's points had been addressed, and further discussion was more likely to degenerate into bickering rather than constructive conversation. To be clear if you have a problem with a transaction you're welcome to make a post stating what happened, and as long as it doesn't come off as blatantly bad-mouthing a sponsor it won't be locked summarily.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=138718.msg2989880#msg2989880 date=1236868016]
I just want to post the email that I got from the customer who had the mismatched angel eye.

to Matt <[email protected]>

dateWed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:39 PM
subjectRE: Enquiry from Dabears2k Performance
mailed-byhotmail.com

thanks for being so understanding about this whole thing... you have been a just help, and i will be sending any forum member (local or not) to you for anything that they might need. Thanks again! - Josh

So, once again James, you might want to get your facts straight before making a potentially defamatory post such as this.
[/quote]

Just pointing this out.... you called the customer James, and the customer's name is actually Josh. Perhaps you don't have the right person in mind?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.