Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my sp23 and its awesome. My dealer told me the reg was STD858. I almost died. STD. I didn't want STD because of what it will remind people. I finally got STO instead. Apparently STD is the new series and all mazdas got them in Victoria, but I complained and said I would not pay for the car if he couldn't change it.

Make sure your cars dont come with STD because my dealer said that they were trying to get rid of them quickly before anyone else makes the connection like I did.

STD's are bad enough i dont need them on my new car..... :wink:

G

·
Hahahahhaha..

Glad to see you weren't too infatuated with your car to notice the plates.

I definately wouldn't want STD's on my new baby either! :roll: :roll:

Good spotting!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got STD (as my number plate!!!). I don't really mind it. It does attract attention and promote jokes. I actually reckon its quite funny.

·
Registered
520 Posts
:D how amusing! another way for the rta to make money... try to foist certain plates onto us and have us pay to get rid of them!!

although glad that nsw doesn't have that run of plates...

·
Registered
40 Posts
i wanted slimline plates and the dealer rang me and told me it was going
to be SUC but they gave me a another choice in the fat plates and i went with it.Did i get jibbed?did i have any other options?

·
Registered
859 Posts
I saw a NSW registered car in Melbourne recently with the normal yellow plates. It was XXW something.

I was just wondering if any of you guys up there have noticed any XXX *** number plates. That would be a cool one to have I reckon!! :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've never seen a XXX number plate but I have seen something like X-RATED and the usual SXC-### (sexy-###).

·
Registered
149 Posts
You could solve this issue really easy - purchase a set of Personalised Plates while your car is on order - then before you pick the car up tell them that you have a set of Personalised Plates you want to add to the car instead of the standard state plates.

Give this too them a few days before pick so they can detail the car and do the paperwork with main roads with your new plates.

Might even save yourself a few $$$ on the car because you don't need to buy the plate from the dealer.

I did this with my car and saved $18 on the dealer plate but paid $195 for the Personalised Plates.

Anyway you look at it you win. Apart from the $$$ in getting the Personalised Plates.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I wasnt refering to personalised plates... I saw a plate that was XXW***, which I understand is a standard issue NSW plate.

I was wondering whether XXX*** formed part of the standard issue, or whether that series was skipped by the RTA.

I believe that VICroads down here doesnt issue plates that have rude or inappropriate connotations (obviously no-one twigged to STD, though!!) but something like a XXX prefix could be quite desirable by some, so many may be willing to pay extra for them as personalised plates...

·
Registered
859 Posts
just saw one of those strange looking Hyundai Coupes from the late '90s with a middle aged woman getting out... the number plate was ODD*** :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.