Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my gf and I bought an 09 MZ3 for right at 19k back in September. I graduated college, am working a job making pretty decent money, and we need to unload her 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse and get another new car. We went to the same Mazda dealership we bought our first car from, test drove one of the MS3's they had in stock, and I'm in love. I definitely want to get one when I'm ready to buy. It'll probably be a couple months from now, around April or May more than likely. However, something is concerning me. The car we test drove was a Sport model, fully loaded with nav, and they wanted 25.5k for it. The GT models with all the options except nav were going for almost 28k. Ridiculous, in my opinion! I see several posts where people are getting new MS3's for 20k OTD, THAT is where I want to be.

How can I get this kind of pricing? I did talk them down on my MZ3, and ended up getting an additional $3k out of them for my trade, so I think I will be able to work with them a bit and perhaps get it down to $22 but that's still too high in my opinion. What is the invoice on an 09 Sport model MS3? What incentives are available besides the $500 mazda loyalty? I'll take any advice I can get, I wanna go in there fully informed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If somebody gets a speed out the door for 20k, I'd like to see the financing papers. I'm calling BS. I got 08.5 MS3 CWP GT for just over 25 out the door, and that was a deal after dealing with NY taxes. Out the door for 20k implies 17-18k. That's way below invoice. A nicely equipped MZ3 would go for about that much. Oh, and 28k is way too much for a GT without Nav. My car MSRP'd for 25,005 (GT + CWP), so I can't see why they'd even mention 28.

Best of luck with your buying, but the best deals are gotten when you have a realistic goal.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I can see a sport being 25k and a GT being 28k...AFTER tax tag and titling fees but beforehand? GOD no. A sport should be around 22-23k and the GT around 25k. I say go to another Mazda dealership and see what's up over there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got my new 08 speed 3 GT for 24,200 with auto dimmer mirror before taxes. I too, was beginning to think I paid to much from other posts on the site, but I think people get confused about the "OTD" concept.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.. that sets me at ease a little bit. I'm not concerned about the GT cars since I definitely want a Sport. Two things I DO want to know is what kind of rebates I can still get (there is info about some in a sticky here but its like 4 years dated), and what is the dealer invoice for these cars?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Invoice for a 09 MS3 CWP sport, you're looking at $21,500 according to edmunds.com. MSRP as stated on mazdausa.com is around $23,500 so expect to hit between $22k-$23k. After your Mazda loyalty cash, you might be looking at about $21-$22k depending on how you work the deal but you're also walking in with negative equity on your trade (just assuming since you said you'd be trading your current 3).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'd have to take a hit if I traded in the MZ3 but I'm actually going to keep that car, give it to my gf, and buy a MS3 for myself. We're going to sell her current car, use some of the cash to pay off our credit card debt, and use the rest as a down payment. So I think we may end up financing like 18-19k.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OTD price for my fully loaded GT with Nav was around 29k..LOL but before you think thats a shitty deal that includes the tax which was 2k+, fees California bullness around $300 and a 7 year Premium care warranty covering any and all parts of the car! The actual price of the car was $300 above invoice which I believe was $25.5 or something before all the other tacked on crap. I call BS on these people claiming a MS3 OTD price of 20-22k unless its a barebones sport with a shitty interest rate or they gave shit for the trade in. Dealers have 3 ways to make their money; car price, financing and what they give you for a trade in. Don't be fooled if the dealer says they'll give the car for cheap as they will make up there money in either the interest rate or what they give you for your trade in. Its all relative be sure you get a good rate and a good deal for your trade in before you get all warm and fuzzy about the sale price of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts