Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im looking for a sturt bar, found some on ebay but was wondering if you guys had any for sale. Also I have lowerd my ms3 sedan and I do like to drift (safely now, after learning my lesson :shock:) will this strut bar do anything. And as for the install of the strut bar do I remove the gold plates and just simply place the the strut bar on that position. please reply and thank you :)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
some guy is selling a strut bar but has it installed on a hatch. dont know if it will fit on your sedan. hes over on moccforums.com

·
Registered
386 Posts
[quote author=deadghost link=topic=65960.msg1130609#msg1130609 date=1167816863]
Hi im looking for a sturt bar, found some on ebay but was wondering if you guys had any for sale. Also I have lowerd my ms3 sedan and I do like to drift (safely now, after learning my lesson :shock:) will this strut bar do anything. And as for the install of the strut bar do I remove the gold plates and just simply place the the strut bar on that position. please reply and thank you :)
[/quote]

You drift with your Mazda3?!?! Did you convert it to rear wheel drive or something? :lol: I bet you pull up on the e brake handle thinking it s a drift. And the strut bar won't improve your drifting skills it will keep your front end from flexing.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Installation of the strut bar is easy, but I haven't done it yet.

1) Raise the front end of the car (or the whole car, if you have access to a lift)
2) Start unbolting the tower bolts (and the gold piece, keep that in handy, in case you uninstall the bar)
3) Place the bar on the strut tower
4) Screw the bolts on to recommended torque (I remember reading something about properly torquing these bolts)

I may of missed a crucial step, but it is essentially that easy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the vibrant strut bar. I dont think it clears the sedan hood.. I have a hatch.

Install is easy, Park on LEVEL ground and unbolt he strut screws remove the brass looking plate and pop the new strut tower bar bracket in its place repeat on oppsite side. I had no need to lift the car up. Level ground is key.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=scorcher link=topic=65960.msg1131713#msg1131713 date=1167867109]
[/quote]

You drift with your Mazda3?!?! Did you convert it to rear wheel drive or something? :lol: I bet you pull up on the e brake handle thinking it s a drift. And the strut bar won't improve your drifting skills it will keep your front end from flexing.
[/quote]

........well yes I do, im kinda new, im saveing up for drifting school up here in south california, it is a big challenge for me when I go to the local canyons, front wheel drive IS NOT FUN :x, I cant get proper handeling. Hay if takumi made it through with his ae86, then I can give birth to my ms3, LOL 8). who am I kidding al just slide and hit a gaurd rail. And as for the e-brake...im a little to on edge to touch. I have much to learn. Also for the record I did not see fsf3 and just started drifting, I watchd initial d in hopes I can learn something. LOL :klavergreg:

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
[quote author=deadghost link=topic=65960.msg1132415#msg1132415 date=1167898483]
[/quote]

[/quote]

........well yes I do, im kinda new, im saveing up for drifting school up here in south california, it is a big challenge for me when I go to the local canyons, front wheel drive IS NOT FUN :x, I cant get proper handeling. Hay if takumi made it through with his ae86, then I can give birth to my ms3, LOL 8). who am I kidding al just slide and hit a gaurd rail. And as for the e-brake...im a little to on edge to touch. I have much to learn...
[/quote]

Lesson #1: The Mazda 3 can't drift.

Class dismissed. :p

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
[quote author=thebeansoldier link=topic=65960.msg1132466#msg1132466 date=1167911286]
[/quote]

[/quote]

........well yes I do, im kinda new, im saveing up for drifting school up here in south california, it is a big challenge for me when I go to the local canyons, front wheel drive IS NOT FUN :x, I cant get proper handeling. Hay if takumi made it through with his ae86, then I can give birth to my ms3, LOL 8). who am I kidding al just slide and hit a gaurd rail. And as for the e-brake...im a little to on edge to touch. I have much to learn...
[/quote]

[/quote]

i did it once in reverse :) its like rear wheel drive then!! lol :p

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=thebeansoldier link=topic=65960.msg1132466#msg1132466 date=1167911286]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

mark my words, thy mazda three shall drift, and I will be the drift king you kajiens, LOL (evil laugh) :x

·
Registered
822 Posts
i have a vibrant also and it fits under my sedan hood....with that said, prior to my purchase i read up on it...i think they made 2 versions of the bar and the first ones had brackets a bit too high and hit the insulation and caused the hood to raise/lift, the v2 fit....

i have a v2, its fine on mine, but you can feel a very very minor indentation on the insulation from where the bracket is....no biggie...but i'm thinking of selling mine...

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
[quote author=deadghost link=topic=65960.msg1132415#msg1132415 date=1167898483]........well yes I do, im kinda new, im saveing up for drifting school up here in south california, it is a big challenge for me when I go to the local canyons, front wheel drive IS NOT FUN :x, I cant get proper handeling. Hay if takumi made it through with his ae86, then I can give birth to my ms3, LOL 8). who am I kidding al just slide and hit a gaurd rail. And as for the e-brake...im a little to on edge to touch. I have much to learn. Also for the record I did not see fsf3 and just started drifting, I watchd initial d in hopes I can learn something. LOL :klavergreg:
[/quote]

Um... someone missed something here:

The AE86 (along with the lower spec AE85 versions) was rear wheel drive (unlike the front wheel drive AE82 models)

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
He says he has an ms3.... but yet its a sedan. So, in actuality, you have a mazda3 sedan. No? And all these guys are right... you can't drift with a front wheel drive vehicle. Even if you DID have the Mazdaspeed3, you still couldn't drift.
And to get back on topic, the strut bar wouldn't really do anything for drifting anyways... it just makes the front end a little more rigid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts