Mazda3 Forums banner

301 - 320 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote author=Reconfigure link=topic=17644.msg3499063#msg3499063 date=1263583033]
Ok so this has probably already been determined a long time ago, but if anyone's interested in swapping out a 2007 sedan chrome upper grille (just the top strip) for a body-colored upper grille (also from the sedan), it seems like it can be done easily, and you can order just the upper grille strip from mazdapartscheap.com in factory colors prepainted for $77.00. This guy has a 2007 and went from chrome to body-colored:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3095933/2

[/quote]

Thanks for the Tip I think this makes for a sportier look, I'm going to see if the local mazda dealer stocks these things and if the price is close to MSRP if so I'll probably just pick it up there.

I like that you can retain the 'I' style grill but change it up a bit, I love the look of the 'S' grilles but I like keeping it true to its option package too.

I think with this and a OEM spoiler I will really set off the exterior of my '08 Galaxy Gray I Touring

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey does anyone know where I can get the AE emblem delete grill for hatches for cheap? I saw it for about a hundred bucks on next mod.com I think. Are they easy to install? Can someone refer me to guide or a diagram?

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote author=Reconfigure link=topic=17644.msg3551238#msg3551238 date=1266418167]
I need a new upper grille, and from what I can tell the chrome and the body-colored ones cost about the same... I've always liked the colored-matched look better.
[/quote]

I love it on mine just got it one form onlinemazdaparts.com check em out.

·
Registered
520 Posts

This is from ebay... Thinking next mod is going to have to be angel eyes or something, my left light is horribly dirty inside :( and seems to be getting worse

·
Registered
746 Posts
[quote author=Potenza link=topic=17644.msg3609948#msg3609948 date=1270954179]

This is from ebay... Thinking next mod is going to have to be angel eyes or something, my left light is horribly dirty inside :( and seems to be getting worse
[/quote]

Hey where do you find this on ebay? I see acouple that look similar but none with the 3 on it. Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
it was 60$ shipped to canada. So if you're from the U.S it'd be cheaper, i got it painted myself from a shop next to my house. it came out to 75$ which is kind of expensive but i rly wanted it painted so he got it done the same night. and the colour is spot on, coudln't of done a better job with it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
[quote author=Potenza link=topic=17644.msg3610558#msg3610558 date=1271021231]
it was 60$ shipped to canada. So if you're from the U.S it'd be cheaper, i got it painted myself from a shop next to my house. it came out to 75$ which is kind of expensive but i rly wanted it painted so he got it done the same night. and the colour is spot on, coudln't of done a better job with it.
[/quote]

$60 shipped to canada?!? dude who did you buy it off on ebay? does the seller have any more? also, hows the fitment?

·
Registered
520 Posts
They're called Xtreme on Ebay, I bought the Led Tail Lights from them aswell. In terms of fitment it's not rly the best. there's some gaps on the side but once i got the piece painted it wasn't rly noticeable. There's better grills out there, i just didnt wanna pay that much..

Think I might sell it though, not sure if i'm 100% liking the look

·
Registered
69 Posts
if you decide to sell then let me know, cause (judging from the pictures) it looks like your car is the same colour as mine, so you'd save me a lot of work having to find one on ebay, and then get it painted

just to make sure, what colour is your car? name of the colour and maybe the colour code too

·
Registered
630 Posts
hey guys, i made a walkthrough for those of you with the grille molded to your bumper http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=172783.0. unknown_3, i bought a Wize grille from andysautosport.com for mine, fitment was not optimal but you can use the walkthrough to make it fit exactly like mine. check it out :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just purchased this grille for my hatch from Raven Racing on Ebay. Anybody have any pros/cons with them?

It was shipped out today, but delivery to Canada from Japan is scheduled for 3 weeks.

I also bought the matching eyelids to go with it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well, the grille I posted above has arrived. Beautifully built, fitment would be about 4.5 out of 5 and ease of install is as simple as replacing the OEM grille and tightening 4 bolts that are included with the new grille.

However, as this grille hangs lower than stock, it makes it VERY hard to reach your hood latch. Once the hood pops, you can barely stick 1 or 2 fingers between the grille and bumper to press the latch. I find using a flathead screwdriver much easier to reach the latch to open the hood. This is about the only drawback to an otherwise beautiful grille.

Anyways, looks fantastic IMO, and I also got the matching eyebrows. Ebay seller is Racing Raven. They say shipping will take up to 3 weeks, but I got both items in about a week from Asia, so shipping was quite quick. I paid about $160 CDN shipped for the grille and $100 for the eyebrows.

For those of you with a hatch, this is definetly a good buy and a good seller from ebay. You can get this grille in CF or fiberglass, either colourmatched or ready for paint and the FG one is obviously cheaper than the CF one.

301 - 320 of 342 Posts