Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL, I love any opportunity to bash walmart! :rofl:

http://consumerist.com/tag/walmart/?i=5020643&t=wal+mart-fails-to-change-your-oil-and-lies-about-it

Bottom Line: If you haven't watched this film, you don't have an informed opinion and really don't understand why I won't shop at Walmart (or Sam's Club). Any retard can tell you they sell diapers cheaper than anywhere else, but what's the cost of these low prices?

http://www.walmartmovie.com/

btw, what do you think will happen to prices when all the stores are walmarts, or super-duper walmarts and sam's clubs?
i bet the prices at walmarts in small towns (where they've driven out all the competition) are not a low as one next to a Target store.
personally, i don't want to live in a world without the little mom and pop or family run businesses.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Wow... I haven't been to a Walmart in years, but I have driven by the Walmart in the story (assuming it is the one in Idaho Falls, ID).

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=116193.msg2429369#msg2429369 date=1214842482]
But they're changing their logo, so all the negative press is going to go away :) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25445674/
[/quote]

That's like sticking an air freshner in a porta-john.

Sure most big companies have business pratices that I don't agree with, but Walmart has that special blend of morale free business pratices and bottom of the barrel market that just makes such a wonderful brew for me.
-Matt

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=azazel1024 link=topic=116193.msg2429663#msg2429663 date=1214847780]
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=116193.msg2429369#msg2429369 date=1214842482]
But they're changing their logo, so all the negative press is going to go away :) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25445674/
[/quote]

That's like sticking an air freshner in a porta-john.

Sure most big companies have business pratices that I don't agree with, but Walmart has that special blend of morale free business pratices and bottom of the barrel market that just makes such a wonderful brew for me.
-Matt
[/quote]

Oh believe me I'm with you on that one... damn place fills me with so much hatred for humankind it's not even funny.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Opps I meant to say moral free business practices...but morale free works pretty well also. Always seems like a bunch of sad sacks or down troden teenagers working there (more so then most retailers).
-Matt

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=siscim23 link=topic=116193.msg2429683#msg2429683 date=1214848074]
I loled...

"I know it was changed... I did it myself!"
"Why didn't you change the oil?!"
[/quote]

worst thing is, she knew he was on a road trip and would likely never have a chance to complain or get a refund if he hadn't checked right then before leaving. BITCH!! EFF WALMART!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Not saying that I am on Wal Mart's side, but as a side note, Civic's do require a manual reset of the oil life monitor. It is not a system that actually looks at the oil, but at the factors that lead to oil degradation.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
[quote author=bumoftheday link=topic=116193.msg2430243#msg2430243 date=1214860093]
Not saying that I am on Wal Mart's side, but as a side note, Civic's do require a manual reset of the oil life monitor. It is not a system that actually looks at the oil, but at the factors that lead to oil degradation.
[/quote]

Basically all cars with oil life monitors require manual reseting...doesn't excuse not actually changing the oil.
-Matt

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
wal-mart really pissed me off this past sunday. i hope to not go back.

there is an extremely dirty ass ghetto wal-mart by my house. been in there a few times...every lady in the place is pregnant and has like 10 crazy kids with them running around. i felt dirty going there. they built a super wal right across the street from my house. i hate super anythings.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 71 Posts