Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so i just got an 04 hatchback about a month ago. After getting the car i noticed a few problems with it that are setting me back from doing what i want to do. I'm going to need to do some body work and paint which is going to cost me over $1000 to do. The fenders need to be repainted, the driver door needs to be replaced, the drivers side back door can use a new paint job, and the hood has a lot of scratches from pebbles due to highway driving. I think most of all the fenders and drivers door need to be fixed, but even that is going to cost a lot! Now this is only to get it into the condition it should be. I got a pretty decent price for the car though, $9,000 after tax and tags, etc. It had 53k miles on it and is currently at around 54k miles.

Lately i've been thinking about trading in my 3 and getting a speed3 sometime by the end of the year. I'm assuming a used 07 - 08 speed will be going for 15k by then.

Do you guys think i should hold off doing anything to my car ( doing the body work and paint and mods ) and buy a speed later on or keep my current car, paint everything that needs to be painted, and start with my mods? If i buy the speed, i'll be financing it since i won't have all the money.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
dominick, it depends on what you want from a car and also what you can afford at the time.
BTW. if you are going to trade in your 3, keep the miles low and the maintenance up....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=bms1990M3 link=topic=138069.msg2976416#msg2976416 date=1236212229]
dominick, it depends on what you want from a car and also what you can afford at the time.
BTW. if you are going to trade in your 3, keep the miles low and the maintenance up....
[/quote]

well right now i just got a job so i will be saving money. By the middle/end of this year, i'll have a bit saved up.... maybe a few thousand. Then at the end of the year for fall semester in college i get $3,000. So i'm thinking i'll have an extra $5,000 by then. Only problem is how much will i get for my car by that time? :\ How hard will it be to sell a car that's been painted poorly and is clearly noticeable during the day?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hah that could work. That's what happened with me :\

i really think i'm going to wait and get one. I should have a good part of the money. I'm hoping to get around 8k for the car then..... it'll probably be working fine, i keep up with my car. New tires, etc. It just wont look extremely nice.

Think i should install springs on my current 3? I have them sitting in my room and i might be getting them done sunday....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts