Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know WA stands for Wait Awhile :roll: So we haven't had the 3 launch yet. I was at Parkland Mazda/Proton/Kia this morning (getting my Satria GTi fixed) so I walked around to the showroom to see if they had a 3 on the floor, no 3 but they do have 2 RX8's so I had to sit in the black one (DROOOL! :D ) The salesman said he would post me out an invite to wednesdays 3, launch night, so I'm looking forward to seeing one in the metal. I will probably trade the GTi and go for a manual SP23 sedan in Canary Yellow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi aok28, yeh your right. I'm too in WA and have booked a test drive for Wed at Melville Mazda. They've only had 3 delilvered....not one a SP23. No mention of the launch date - maybe Saturday...HUH

·
Registered
126 Posts
aok - i have to laugh. dude i drive a satria gti also.. how weird is that... wait. i also live in WA! spin out.

getting mine from jasons mazda in ossy park. they are getting the bulk for WA as i am told..

Black Mica/MZ SP23
18inch RX8 Wheels Standard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What colour available for the first shipment ?

Shaund, how much the extra cost for upgrade to 18" RX8 wheels ? This means u wont get the standard alloy wheels rite ? RX8's standard seem = SP23 17", only 1" bigger.

Did the salesman tell someone here about leather and sunroof options as dealer fitted ?

Jocco, when the SP23 models arrive to Melville Mazda ?

Thankz All,

Dan

·
Registered
126 Posts
price not confirmed. they have to be re-set and fitted b4 i will know exactly. i am still waiting for the ok on price for the leather/sunroof options (which they cant tell me as yet). will post as soon as i know. its not the size that matters its the look, the rx8 rims are wider... should look tops.

if your a perth boy. take a drive down to freo. the entire shipment is sitting there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shaund that's uncanny, and let me guess your GTi is silver too :lol: Mine is 4 years old now (got it Nov 99) so time for an update. The only thing I never liked about it was the notchy gearbox, I'll miss the Recaros though (great seats)
Rob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Conceptor, I don't know !! Apparently they have a Neo, Maxx Sport HB Manual & Maxx Sedan auto in Sparkling Silver. Ones a nordic green & i can't remember the other colour. I'll find out Wed when i test drive. My letter from Mazda came today and they're saying launch is Saturday 24th. I thought they'd be getting more in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
shaund said:
price not confirmed. they have to be re-set and fitted b4 i will know exactly. i am still waiting for the ok on price for the leather/sunroof options (which they cant tell me as yet). will post as soon as i know. its not the size that matters its the look, the rx8 rims are wider... should look tops.

if your a perth boy. take a drive down to freo. the entire shipment is sitting there.
At a guess I think you can expect the RX8 rims to be around $650 each plus tyres minus what they will give you for the SP23 17" + tyres.

But it should look awsome :)

The Mazda 6 17" rims are $520 each. Aftermarket prices are much more appealing :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
shaund said:

i found a place in belmont ( i think ) that does some great aftermarket sunroofs ( glass, canvas etc )

to get a proper glass sunroof that retracts into the roof and has a shade slide thing will cost $2300 aftermarket.

i'd be interested to hear how much a dealer charges :shock:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE!! NOT THIS WEDNESDAY.
I just got my invite in the morning post. It's on the 28th at least for Parklands customers, I was sure the salesman said this wednesday. If anyone wants to go to the launch night just walk in and ask for an invite, I guess we're still waiting awhile, sorry for the mix up. :roll:

aok28 said:
As we all know WA stands for Wait Awhile :roll: So we haven't had the 3 launch yet. I was at Parkland Mazda/Proton/Kia this morning (getting my Satria GTi fixed) so I walked around to the showroom to see if they had a 3 on the floor, no 3 but they do have 2 RX8's so I had to sit in the black one (DROOOL! :D ) The salesman said he would post me out an invite to wednesdays 3, launch night, so I'm looking forward to seeing one in the metal. I will probably trade the GTi and go for a manual SP23 sedan in Canary Yellow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i went to osborne park today and they said that they only have one transit truck from the docks in freo. so they are splitting runs between each dealership, they expect every store to have their allocation of stock by tuesday next week.

fyi - osborne park has a total of 30 cars in this shipment. shipments only come once a month, around the 20th. the dealer has to order three months in advance! also, none of dealers are swapping stock to fill orders right now - it seems they all want to keep as much stock as they can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
shaund said:
30?! er. 30left or total 30. mine is one of em...

who you been talking to at ossy park?
30 in total!! next shipment four weeks away. but cause i think they are all 01/04 builds which is great news.

i think her name was vanessa in accessory sales, she was heaps more helpful than the first sales guy who approached me, didnt introduce himself, then walked away cause he said my questions were too hard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts