Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is sweet!!!! Has anyone else seen one and/or driven one? 3.2 VR6, 4Motion AWD, right around 30k. I've always been a big VW fan and when i bought the 3, I was so close to getting a GTI, but I ended up getting the 3. But as far as the R32 goes, I think if there is a car like this out when I get outta college, I'm goin for it. Just slap one of these on, http://www.hpamotorsports.com/r32.htm (Stage I or II :p ) And I'd be i heaven!! What's everyone else think?

·
Registered
481 Posts
yah this is a sweet car... sat on one at the NAIAS in january... damn nice seats!

unless you are getting out of college in the next year you won't be able to get an R32 new... may have to wait for the Mk5 Golf version :D

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
DAMN!! Nice HP numbers and the price for the upgrades are not bad. When the MS-3 come out with the AWD. I wonder what kind of stages it will have.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I also think the VW R32 Golf is going to be one sweet ride. I know in it it's stock form, it's not going to be beat any STi or Evo from the line.

Give it some of those performance upgrades, and this hot hatch will definitely have sleeper status. Then, everything else on the road better watch out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just so you guys know, the R32 will not be available in Canada - there's something with the bumbers that makes them illegal here. This may change if they make an R32 on the MkV platform.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey, be glad you have a 8 km/h test still. The US dropped the 5 mph test to 3 mph, I think, and now all bumpers get big damages from little bumps. They're not called "bumpers" for nothing. Only the US would take a step backward in safety testing (yes, this includes air quality and fuel economy standards)

·
Registered
111 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Will it be available in the US?
Yes, the bumper issue only affects Canada.

The R32 will be a smaller production model, so it doesn't make $$$ sense for VW to provide a different bumper to sell less than 500 units up here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Will it be available in the US?
Yes it will, Ive been reading the R32 forum over on vwvortex.com and people who ordered their R32's over a year ago are just starting to get them. I also called a few VW dealers in my area and they said they will be getting a few in the coming weeks. I definitely gotta drive one of these things.

·
Registered
137 Posts
People who bought the R32 regret buying it. The build quality sucks. It's a $30,000 car with squeaks and rattles everywhere.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Mitsubishi could be smart about it like Subaru and change the bumper on the Evo. Or design it a bit better so it does pass. Same with VW.

There's a huge growing market for Mitsu and VW cars that are super sporty. Only the STi and WRX are delivering. And Infiniti G35.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If I am reading the VW website correctly, the R32 doesn't come with a spare tire. Instead they have a tire repair kit like the BMW M3, which from what I have read is useless on most of all needed tire repairs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mnemonicj said:
If I am reading the VW website correctly, the R32 doesn't come with a spare tire. Instead they have a tire repair kit like the BMW M3, which from what I have read is useless on most of all needed tire repairs.
You are correct. It has been a huge problem with the people who have bought them because they demanded one right from the start. IMO, they could have at least put run flat tires on it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I probably should have posted this a while ago, but I ended up buying one of these. My situation changed to where I could afford it now, so I ended up trading the 3 in after only 3 months, and picked up a silver R32 on April 21st. As much as I loved the 3, this car is just amazing, It just satisfies me so much more than the 3 did. I got a real good deal on it, only lost about $900 between the 3 and R32. Sooo, ill be saying goodbye and hangin out over at vwvortex.com. Later.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts