Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some suggestions here. I removed the VTCS swirl flaps, and like most, due to the age of the car, almost all of them broke. Most people say they just slap them back in, but one of my plastic ears broke in 3 places at the top. I can't really put this back together since the plastic piece will fall into the intake tract and into the engine. In addition, due to it's location, I don't feel comfortable plastic welding it. I've tried this, and as soon as the manifold was torqued down it broke again. Has this happened to anyone? I feel like I have a no win scenario here and it's game over for this manifold, unless someone has these flaps they are willing to send.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What was the reason for doing this in the first place?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'm not following well. If you removed the flaps are you now changing your mind and wanting to put them back in? If not why does it matter if they broke?
When you remove the flaps, you need to reinstall the eyes. They are required for the gasket to seat. The flaps in the picture are removed, but one the the eyes is broken in several places.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts