Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got the '09 Speed 3 and I have that mediocre Bose system. My question is about the volume level. Is it normal to have to turn it up to about 28-30 to get a good, loud sound out of the stereo?? I don't have the bass recall issue where it jumps randomly at a certain level. Just notice I have to turn it up real loud, even up to 34-36 on rap songs to get a good sound out of it. How normal is this, and what is the limit you can turn these up to before speakers start breaking.

Used to own a Prelude SH, the factory stereo in that thing was awesome. Good highs on the tweeters, nice bass, etc... Missing that stereo everyday!

Used to be into aftermarket stereos in my high school and college days, but don't get into that much anymore. Still an audiophile, though and demand a good sound.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i have an 06 and mine only goes up to 35, and it never breaks up...it just doesn't get any louder.
i have added a stealth sub to augment and it does help a bit.
i am afraid it's just a matter of time before new speakers and amp go in...i've been resisting it but i think i'll keep this car around even if i get something else, so i have no problem dumping some money into it now.

sorry this doesn't really answer your question here's a free bump

·
Registered
118 Posts
The volume on the 08.5's and the 09's goes up to 62, so where you have to turn it up to get good sound is about halfway, which really isn't all that bad. On mine, I could take the volume to the max with very little distortion, and that was before I upgraded the system. What you are experiencing is normal, I believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts