Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got my '09 Mazda 3 and I already have a million things I want to do to it!
But i was wondering what a voltage regulator, found on the therpmstore.com site would do to improve the car? Doesn't the car already have one and what is the purpose of one?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
it's a capacitor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
A voltage stabilizer such as a Buddyclub Racing spec condensor will offer a small improvement to the cars overall electrical system if you end up running a decent stereo system. A friend of mine had previously installed a deep cycle battery, aftermarket earthing kit and checked the cars overall voltage using a Scanguage. There were quite a few fluctuations. The Buddyclub was then added and this caused the cars voltage to become noticeably more stable. It's not a total waste of time and money, but don't do if you are looking for some sort of performance advantage.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
A buddy club racing spec condenser is ok to install if you have upgraded lighting and anything drawing extra power, it also helps to stabalize the factory electrical system.

Since I have installed mine I can run my lights for car shows and not worry about my car battery going doead after 1 to 2 hours of continous use. But I do not have a big audio system at all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll probably just put the buddy club system in after i put lights and upgrade the sound!

·
Registered
103 Posts
[quote author=guardian452 link=topic=139032.msg3001412#msg3001412 date=1237369999]
hmm, I always heard that these voltage regulators and grounding kits were a waste of money. I guess it does have it's uses after all.
[/quote]

Grounding kits definitely make a difference to a cars electrical efficiency.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts