Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am finally getting around to installing my 5701 and my question is does anyone know if I would need the starter work around to use the turbo timer option of this unit. I mean if I can get a Turbo timer and wire it in the alarm should work the same way right?

·
Registered
905 Posts
If I understand the question correctly. You want to wire in a turbo timer while you have the Viper installed?

If that's the question yes, the alarm will work the same way.

Or are you asking if you would need a remote start interface module to bypass the ign immobilizer if you just want to use the turbo timer function of the Viper.

If that's the question, then no, You don't need the interface module to use the turbo timer function of the Viper. Just you won't be able to remote start.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Option 2 is what I was asking and many thanks! That is what I figured but just wasn't 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
but why would you go through all the trouble of installing that alarm and not put the module in and do it right? it's usually much harder to add on things to an alarm later.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I mean its 50$ for the interface and all it will do is auto start my car... and well I don't drive it in the winter so I am not worried about being able to start it remotely. Just as long as I can use the turbo timer is all I care about and well all the other stuff you would use an alarm for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts