Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning when I first got on the highway gently cruising in 6th gear at about 65mph, I saw 2 random flashed on 7.1 KR! They literally were a "flash" and it was gone. I was accelterating VERY slow in 6th and it was about 36 deg. out. I know random knock is a given, but how much know is allowable??

I am color blind. Sorry but ISO COLOR PLS.

3rd gear WOT

4th gear WOT #1

4th gear WOT #2

4th gear WOT #3

5th gear WOT

ISO fuel pump? Help PLOX!

:eek4:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You need a pump. I just ordered my pre-built pump from PG today. As far as the 7.1KR at partial throttle, that is the exact maximum mine has ever hit, and it was under your same conditions. 6th gear, 30 degrees. Most people report random spikes of 5.9KR at partial throttle. I wouldn't worry about that, but highly recommend a pump from looking at your logs.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Oh yeah, I think he's really serious about the color blind thing. lol sorry. The line that is bouncing from 1700 down to below 1000 on your far right Y axis is your fuel pressure. It needs to be consistent like Speed3Rookie's.

But his has a different color and axis so that's too hard to explain. :lol:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
SU should be getting them shortly, and first.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why do your 1st and 2nd log show the Fuel pressure holding up. While the rest shows it flat on its face. There is not a scale shown for the fuel pressure BTW.

·
Registered
165 Posts
[quote author=BellaBeagle link=topic=138585.msg2988640#msg2988640 date=1236813805]
Why do your 1st and 2nd log show the Fuel pressure holding up. While the rest shows it flat on its face. There is not a scale shown for the fuel pressure BTW.
[/quote]

I could be wrong but I think there is more demand on the fuel pump when accelerating in higher gears. It seems his FP isn't having trouble until it is under a greater load in 4th/5th WOT runs.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=craghack link=topic=138585.msg2988716#msg2988716 date=1236815646]
[quote author=BellaBeagle link=topic=138585.msg2988640#msg2988640 date=1236813805]
[/quote]

I could be wrong but I think there is more demand on the fuel pump when accelerating in higher gears. It seems his FP isn't having trouble until it is under a greater load in 4th/5th WOT runs.
[/quote]
Correct.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
i wouldn't say you need a fuel pump just yet... do you have a standback? lean that bitch out. before i got my fuel pump i was running into the 600's lol. your KR looks like it coincides with the transition from closed loop to open loop too. 7+ kr seems kinda excessive tho...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Seriously...I don't see why anyone is running a tuning solution and not upgrading their fuel pump. IMO it a small price to pay for insurance. If an upgraded pump would supply 15-20 hp for the price they command EVERY speed3 owner would have one. If you are going to run boost or nitrous fuel supply is detrimental to the survival of the engine.
There are far too many "blown engine" threads to chance fuel starvation with this engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts