Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the jensen vm9311ts and it has a video lockout feature that doesn't allow the user to watch dvds while the vehicle is in motion. what sucks is that you can't just ground that wire. there is a specific sequence that must be completed. the sequence is as follows: release parking brake for 3-5 seconds, repply parking brake OR set parking brake for 3-5 seconds, release parking brake fr 3-5 seconds, reapply parking brake. now i bought a momentary switch so i can somewhat bypass this feature and just hold down the switch/button for 3-5 seconds. here are my questions:

1.) where do i hook up the parking brake wire
2.) how do i hook up the switch

i tried searching but couldnt find anything relating to my problem. any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
Zkrazy.. i have that same unit (although not in my car right now.. just took it out of my zx2 to trade in for my 3). There is a combination while you are playing a dvd that will make the display come on. I was so excited when i found it out. Hold on i will find the combination of keys to press. You NEED your remote control though for it to work.

oh and you don't need to hook up that wire to anything.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
Here's the steps. Good luck!

Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will be in a hidden menu that has the following choices:

Region Code
Brake Override (here's the option you are looking for)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

2) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

since you can't see this part of it: i will tell you what you have to do:
press down once, over one, down once. This should bring up the screen now for you.

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!! You can now kill your whole family in the car while watching that adult movie while zoom zoomin'.....

Again, the way you are doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b?

haha.. thanks bro..i'm gonna try it now.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
any luck with this? Kinda interested to know if it worked for you or not. I'm a help desk computer engineer so I always make sure workarounds worked :) .. and secondly, i didn't have the touchscreen model, although i doubt they would have changed the menu's at all for this.. maybe added an option who knows.

·
Registered
29 Posts
[quote author=ZKrazy link=topic=71186.msg1258035#msg1258035 date=1173449222]
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b?

haha.. thanks bro..i'm gonna try it now.
[/quote]

it's b, a, start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts