1. i was alone so it was a pain
2. it was snowing so no fast accelerations
3. the sound quality was..not so good
more clips soon

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Re: Vibrant Exhaust on Today....Clips soon

nice exhaust :goodjob: . what other mods do you have?

·
Registered
191 Posts

What did you pay for it, if you dont mind me asking? I saw one on Ebay today for $550 shipped. The setup was a full catback system.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i paid 599 out the door at a store near my house, cost me 50 for the install, so all in all i paid 650,
other mods, just the K&n cai...not sure what to do next , any ideas?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS!! TURBO KIT! HEADERS!! ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT RIMS!! GUT YOUR INTERIOR!!!

ohhh man sorry. got a little excited there.

·
Registered
191 Posts

[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=67317.msg1159234#msg1159234 date=1169270439]
UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS!! TURBO KIT! HEADERS!! ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT RIMS!! GUT YOUR INTERIOR!!!

[/quote]

LMAO. Down boy!

·
Registered
15,112 Posts

[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=67317.msg1159234#msg1159234 date=1169270439]

[/quote]

I plead ignorance on this one.... but what exactly do underdrive pulleys do? Before I was never really a motor person, but now I am actually more interested in beefing up power in this vehicle, as opposed to my last vehicle where it was mostly show and no go. Now I want go, and less show: ie, sleeper, but not turbo'd.... (Don't have the money for it).
Right now I have a catback exhaust and cai from Mazdaspeed. So the next options are headers? Underdrive pulleys? I'm curious now, you've piqued my interest.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

well what do you think would be a smart choice to add next to compliment the intake and exhaust???

underdrive pulleys???...enlighten me cuz i have no idea about these
...where do i get them???
...how difficult is the installl

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

[quote author=TrueRedMZ3 link=topic=67317.msg1159460#msg1159460 date=1169307754]
well what do you think would be a smart choice to add next to compliment the intake and exhaust???

[/quote]

Get rid of the high flow cat with a race pipe. Sounds alot meaner too

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

is the race pipe legal emmissions wise

·
Registered
15,112 Posts

[quote author=TrueRedMZ3 link=topic=67317.msg1160103#msg1160103 date=1169339012]
[/quote]

Probably not.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts

[quote author=BoostThat3 link=topic=67317.msg1160214#msg1160214 date=1169346817]
pics? sound clips? :)
[/quote]

+1.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

[quote author=TrueRedMZ3 link=topic=67317.msg1159460#msg1159460 date=1169307754]

[/quote]

just sets up your pulley a different way obviously. i cant think of who has them but gains are a very meager increase in torque from what i have heard/read. plus, you pretty much have to have a shop tp do it cuz the crank pulley is damn near impossible to get to

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

o, and hurry up with the clips! this is the main exhaust on my list due to quality issues with ark and mazdaspeed

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

[quote author=TrueRedMZ3 link=topic=67317.msg1160103#msg1160103 date=1169339012]
[/quote]

With the vibrant you cant just add a race pipe. You have to cut the hiflow out, and then add the pipe. I cut my stock cat out of my stock exhaust and had it flanged, as well as the hiflow, and had them make me a race pipe, so when emissions time comes, I just will bolt up the stock cat and drive like that for a day or two, smog it, then put the race pipe back in. :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts

how much will a place charge(rough estimate) to flange up the stock cat and put a race pipe on my mazdaspeed exhaust? I want to be able to swap from cat to race pipe as well. Race pipes give the exhaust so much more power for what I have read and this really tempts me to do it.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

[quote author=NYKNIGHT link=topic=67317.msg1161763#msg1161763 date=1169440342]
how much will a place charge(rough estimate) to flange up the stock cat and put a race pipe on my mazdaspeed exhaust? I want to be able to swap from cat to race pipe as well. Race pipes give the exhaust so much more power for what I have read and this really tempts me to do it.
[/quote]

Cost was $100 for everything. I also had them add alittle pipe so that my vibrant wouldnt hit my gas tank (Pzev issue)

·
Registered
508 Posts

nice, thanks for the heads up. I realy wanna go do that now. I need to weld my ms exhaust up, no matter what I do I still have very little leaks which drive me crazy.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

clip is up check it out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts