Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright..so i'm sure everyone has wondered what the hks catback sounds like when bolted up the vibrant 4-2-1 header..i myself have installed this on my 07 hatch and i absolutely love it..the power gains are intense. and i mean that..im sure all of us at point wondered what these 2 great companies would like sound like together on our mazda 3's and we've all searched youtube to try and listen for it..andd nobody has ever made a video...so after installing the header..i took a video for myself for everyone else to benefit from..keep in mind if you plan on doing this setup, you will be running catless..unless you install you install your own cat...but thats up to you of course..anyway my setup is with no cats and the power gains are really great i kid you guys not..soooo much less restrictive, i cant even explain it..the hks piping is 2.5 inch which is just perfect for our car..it may seem a little too wide in diamater and i even thought for myself that i was going to have almost no backpressure and lose all my low end torque, but surprisingly, no !!! the hks does have a resonator and 2 mufflers and backpressure is absolutley not a problem..any bigger piping and there would be a problem..the guys at hks really engineered this exhaust so well..i know its nothing special but a bunch of pipe, but they engineered it well !! enjoy everyone.......

Oh and feel free to ask me any questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I95gjjbVTvU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4-ar2PinRM

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Vibrant 4-2-1 Header with HKS CBE (With Video !)

hahaha roman didnt we speak before in the other topic ???? i kinda just deciced to start a new one so it can be easily found..what you been up to ? and who else has this setup ?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

lol i thought thats what you were trying to get at..i just didnt know if you were being sarcastic or not and didnt wanna sound stupid if you werent lol. but anyway..hows the car runnin?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

lmaoooo you should have been like no way, its my decision if we get it or not !! hahahahahahaha deff go back and get it...i just changed the drive belts on my car yesterday in the wonderful cold. took me forever becuz i was so cold nd hard to move but i got it done.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

no no..only on a cold start..once the engine is warm, there is no smoke or smog visible unless its super cold outside like it is here in NJ right now (about 20 degress at night)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

Oh sweet! Then that makes me feel a lot better when it comes to buying the header and maybe the exhaust. Still debating over the HKS or OBX....basically the exact same thing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

id highly recommend the hks...raceinspired.com is where i got it from brand new for 460 and its in stock too...the hks sounds like a wrx for our car

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

Yeah, but I have a sedan...so I will have to extend it..idk...well see.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

well thats nothing that any shop with a welder cant do....nothing is impossible my friend

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

Well, good news!

Today, I have officially ordered my HKS Cat-Back Exhaust from my sponsor.
Paid $472 SHIPPED.

So i'll post some pics up this week or next week once I get it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

hahahaha awesome man...i can promise you that you will not be disappointed...mines been on the car for a year now and i LOVE it..your car will sound like a wrx comin down the block and thats being for reall...many of my friends swore i was a wrx sometimes...and when paired with the vibrant 4-2-1 header, the gains are intense and very fun..I am actually trying to find a place with a dynojet so i can dyno my car and post pictures of the sheet !!! you wouldnt know anywhere in jersey would u ? oh and deff post pics

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

Lol, yeah your car probably does sound mean as hell!

Considering you have an Injen CAI and the Vibrant Headers...which is what I might get in the end :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Thanks man lol I can assure you that your will be much faster nd sound sick nasty!!

·
Registered
84 Posts

[quote author=Emilian link=topic=134411.msg2890554#msg2890554 date=1232951271]
Yeah, but I have a sedan...so I will have to extend it..idk...well see.
[/quote]
I have an HKS exhaust and i didnt extend it and it looks fine and sounds great!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts