Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i was just wondering if anyone knows if they make any vent visors for the 3 yet, the ones that go over the door windows. I find these things are really great when you want to crack the window open just a small amount but not let in rain or to much wind..

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yup.. when there's no more rain.. more sunshine .. then the window deflector will be available. :roll:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I could swear that it is an option mentioned in the sale brochure. I have a set on my Toyota RAV4, works great, just as advertised. However, the smoked acrylic make the A-pillar much wider making left turns somewhat of an adventure until you get used to it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, boy do i know that bluntman. I have them on my explorer and they made the A pillar so wide. The Pillar was wide enough as it was but adding that made me scared to turn left. Actually my bro, when driving my explorer almost hit someone becuase it became such a big blind spot. Even after all these negative i still love them. Its just a matter of getting used to them, like you said. I'll check the brochure and ask my dealer. Ill let everyone know what i find.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I stand corrected, the ventvisors aren't listed in the brochure, maybe not even on the (Canadian) website.

WeatherTech has some "optically opaque" ventvisors that help with the "blind spot" problem. As an added bonus they aren't adhered with 3m tape like most ventvisors; somehow they slip underneath the window weatherstripping.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I looked on Japan Parts but I didn't see these little wind guards... could someone provide a direct link?

Also, I absolutely love those turn signals on the side mirrors. That's badass.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Available from AutoVentShade since mid July. The part number for the 5-door is 94909. The part number for the sedan is 94833.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I want them joints. My boy has em on his Lancer, and I was wondering if they were made for the 3.
HOT Shit!

·
Registered
878 Posts
bluntman said:
I stand corrected, the ventvisors aren't listed in the brochure, maybe not even on the (Canadian) website.

WeatherTech has some "optically opaque" ventvisors that help with the "blind spot" problem. As an added bonus they aren't adhered with 3m tape like most ventvisors; somehow they slip underneath the window weatherstripping.

I'm interested in their brand (WeatherTech) because most PT Cruiser people have them and they fit in the door sill vs tape.
I'm disabled and have to use full service car washes, and don't trust tape to stand up to those fabric brushes without eventually coming off.

·
Registered
175 Posts
While I also like the look of the WeatherTech shades, my buddy had them on his '01 Dodge Ram 2500 and they were scuffing the outside of the window where the shade rubbed the glass. Just something to watch out for.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't like on cars, they only look right on trucks. JMHO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts