Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered mine. They say it's going into production the second week of April and is due for delivery the beginning of May. Has anyone else waited this long for their order?

Oh, well. Least I won't have to subject it to all this cold weather we're getting this year!

Anyway, I ordered a Winning Blue S Sedan, 5-speed, leather, Moonroof/CD changer package, and Sport Package. Can't wait!

Hope all of you aren't turned off by the fact that I'm a female owner. I'm very much into cars. Unfortunately I never took to my current car ('03 Mitsu Eclipse) which was an impulse buy, and even more unfortunate is that the poor car has been hit TWICE within 6 months (over $10k in damage total!). Previously I owned a 95 Mitsu 3000GT, which I miss like crazy. Here's to hoping my new Mazda3 fills that void!

mj

EDIT: Thread title - once you get the car, I'll change the thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Congrats!!! and welcum to the board :nsmile:
I didn't wait long for my order. Less than a month. Have you checked with other dealerships?

Naw, we're not turned off by female MZ3 driver :). I think it's cool :D

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Hi velocitygirl! You might have seen a few of my posts around the board (*cough* post slut *cough*-referring to me), but I'm female as well. We have a few of them on the board, check out the lounge at some point. Yuki, lilkoala, a10za03, cutielocks, yummum, we're all female.

·
Registered
45 Posts
still waiting too...

I ordered the same combination in Titanium Gray on Jan 23 and was told it would take 2 months!!!!! and here i am, still waiting :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! So far this board looks great, and the people seem pretty cool (unlike most other car boards). Should be fun (when I finally get my car, that is!)

:)
mj

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey VelocityGirl,

I'm planning to order mine in March and hopefully get it delivered by May or June. So while it may seem like a long time, it's probably not that out of the ordinary.

I have a question for you: How did the order process work? Did they say they were actually going to put in an order to the factory to get the exact car you want?

By the way, this board has no adversity to female members. :wink: Welcome.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome to the board sweetie, I ordered my indigo blue Sedan GT W/GFX, leather, AC, sunroof, & manual tranny last wednesday, and they told me it would take 3 weeks, and I find that to be a long wait. I can't imagine having to wait as long as you. :cry:

BTW: I didn't know the Sedan was available in Winning blue? I guess it's only an option in the US.

Anyhow Welcome to the board and I'm sure you'll enjoy your Mz3 when you get it. :D

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Hope all of you aren't turned off by the fact that I'm a female owner.
It's all good.

Just ordered mine. They say it's going into production the second week of April and is due for delivery the beginning of May. Has anyone else waited this long for their order?
I've got a feeling that it's the leather and the colour that you ordered that is holding things up for you. My dealer told me that of the allotment of cars that they get per month, only 3 had leather. Luckily, the manager pulled a few strings and got my 3 (orange HB with leather/AC/auto/moonroof) in an incredible three weeks.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi VelocityGirl,

just the opposite... nothing better than a girl driving a nice car!!! 3000GT, eh? damn thats a nice car... although i feel the eclipse hasnt been the same since the 2nd gen...

I ordered my car back on Dec 20th... and still waiting... news from the dealer says its coming next week Feb 18th, but thats the third date hes given me, so i remain skeptical...

but to get exactly what you want, its worth the wait... welcome to the board!!!

p.s. to dinu... i know you want to do it so i can find my way... go ahead...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ordered my car 2 weeks ago. It went in to production the end of the first week of February, i should have it by the second week of March. This is how the ordering process worked for me. I went into the dealership, said i wanted a mazda3 with these options, this color, etc. They didn't have one on the lot (i already knew this from mazdausa.com's inventory check) so they said they would order one for me. They took a look at their order queue and changed the specs on the car to what i wanted. They printed out the order information which included the date of production, order number, and specs for the car. I gave them a 500 deposit and they said they would call when it arrived in early March. Quite simple.

Regardign the long wait... You may want to check with other dealers if you want your car sooner. Basically, the more volume the dealer does (with the mazda3) the faster you will get your car. When you put in an order for a car, they just change the specs of a car in their order queue from the factory, so the more mazda3s they sell, the more they order and hence have more cars queued up at the factory that could be changed to your specs. Does that make sense? Just check around and see what other dealers may be able to do for you if you're really pressed for time.

I hope this helped.

·
Registered
272 Posts
dja0323 said:
I ordered my car 2 weeks ago. It went in to production the end of the first week of February, i should have it by the second week of March. This is how the ordering process worked for me. I went into the dealership, said i wanted a mazda3 with these options, this color, etc. They didn't have one on the lot (i already knew this from mazdausa.com's inventory check) so they said they would order one for me. They took a look at their order queue and changed the specs on the car to what i wanted. They printed out the order information which included the date of production, order number, and specs for the car. I gave them a 500 deposit and they said they would call when it arrived in early March. Quite simple.

Regardign the long wait... You may want to check with other dealers if you want your car sooner. Basically, the more volume the dealer does (with the mazda3) the faster you will get your car. When you put in an order for a car, they just change the specs of a car in their order queue from the factory, so the more mazda3s they sell, the more they order and hence have more cars queued up at the factory that could be changed to your specs. Does that make sense? Just check around and see what other dealers may be able to do for you if you're really pressed for time.

I hope this helped.
Awesome, bro. Exactly what I needed to hear. So the dealership CAN order a car to their own spec? Very cool.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I always wanted to drive a 3000GT. It was my dream car for a long time. Closest I ever got to one was a 97SL at the Javitz Center Auto Show. Hope you get your 3 soon, I love mine. Oh, and your a chick who can drive standard? You rock in my book!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rpc180 said:
I always wanted to drive a 3000GT. It was my dream car for a long time. Closest I ever got to one was a 97SL at the Javitz Center Auto Show. Hope you get your 3 soon, I love mine. Oh, and your a chick who can drive standard? You rock in my book!
heehee. I love to hear that. I actually learned to drive a stick IN the 3000GT. It was my dream car, too, and I had the chance to get one with all the options I wanted (non-Turbo, that is) but it was a 5-speed. So I gave it a shot and ended up loving driving a stick as much as I loved the car! Needless to say, I'm hooked. I swored I'll never buy another auto till I'm old and gray!

USCMazda3 said:
I have a question for you: How did the order process work? Did they say they were actually going to put in an order to the factory to get the exact car you want?
It basically went for me the same as how dja0323 described. I just went in and told them exactly what I wanted, gave a $500 deposit, and signed the order. The only thing was I wasn't going to get the sport package, but it was mandatory (according to them) in order to get the leather. Oh well, will just make the car look that much nicer!

Thanks again to everyone. You guys are awesome here! ;)

mj

·
Registered
52 Posts
I spoke to my dealer this morning...my car has finally arrived in Quebec city this morning...delivery next friday...

I have been waiting since Dec 31st...9 weeks in total. He said he got at least 20 calls from other dealer to get it. It's an orange sedan with leather interior. He said that it's at least 3 months now to get a leather interior...ouch...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Leather rocks! it is worth the wait for me and i wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
272 Posts
ish2l said:
It doesn't. I abhor leather like no other. I was not at all impressed with the leather in the Mazda3 when I took it for a test drive. In fact, I'd be so bold as to say I could crap better leather. When it comes to hide, the $500 Mazda charges for their stuff should send up red flags. You cannot even buy a quality leather couch for $500.

My mom has leather in her new Lexus. It's very nice, so maybe I'm a little biased. The only reason we didn't order it with cloth is because it would have been a 6 month wait. But we really didn't want the leather, that's for sure.

If you really want leather in your Mazda, pay the extra for an aftermarket job. Just give the 3 a few summers/winters. Those with leather with look like pure shit. I don't see any way around it. The quality just isn't there in the first place.

We also have a 1990 Lexus (which I drove until I went away to college) that my parents purchased in 1989 when they first came out. That one has cloth, and it's immaculate. Look at 1990 Lexus, or BMW, or MB with leather. Most look like unholy crap. Granted, most people won't be keeping their cars for nearly 15 years, but it's very easy for leather to crack and peel, etc. in a short amount of time, especially with many people that live in climates with very hot summers, very cold winters, or both.

And don't kid yourself. People aren't going to maintain their leather religiously, which is what is required if you want to look half-way decent after 5 years when you're ready to trade it in or sell it or keep it as a daily driver or whatever.

People will say that leather is easier to keep up. Well guess what? If you don't eat in your car, drink in it, smoke in it, do your hair/make-up in it, pick up your kid's dirty soccer friends in it, or have wild messy sex in it then you have very little to worry about. I do none of the above mentioned things in my car. A good vaccumming once or twice a year and it's looking showroom fresh.

Remember, a car is a DRIVING facility not a DINING facility.

Leather gets hot in the summer, cold in the winter. You have to worry about the studs in your jeans scoring it. I could go on forever.

There's absolutely no need for leather in any car. It looks good when new. That's it. It's just an ego-boost. You can brag to friends and people who don't know any better that you have leather. Big deal.

A challenge: I will compare the interior of my Mazda3 in 3 years to someone who has the original factory leather interior. If you think I'm wrong about the issue, I'm sure that simple test would clear it up.

Personally, I favor keeping cars until it costs more to maintain them than they're worth. It's the way I was brought up. I'm planning on holding on to my 3 for a long time. Maybe even 15 years. :wink: All I know is, I don't want to risk putting up with a crappy interior after 5 years just so I can have that new leather smell/feel when I take delivery. Nor do I want to constantly re-upholster, especially with side airbags and all related equipment.

My impassioned $.02. Your mileage may vary.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts