Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you already have the auto function and want variable itermittent wipers, go to the dealership and have them turn off the auto wipers. This will defult the auto wiers to variable itermittent wipers and the sensitivity dial turns it into the time delay dial. It worked on my 2013 mazda 3 grand touring s. They work great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 07 Mazda 3i that came with the bone stock fixed intermittent wiper stalk option on the car P/N: BN8V-66-128. I found a wiper stalk that had the variable intermittent wiper ring, not the auto rain sensing unit. The part number for this one is BN8W-66-128. However while adding fog lights was plug and play this upgrade was not. The ring did nothing and the wiper would still do the fixed amount of time on intermittent setting. I had gone to dealerships to ask them to activate the feature and they could not find an option using their software on the car. So it sat for four years stuck as fixed intermittent wiper until I discovered Forscan for another vehicle and that it works with Mazda's. I did some research and found the correct value to change in Forscan to go from Fixed Intermittent Wipers to Variable Intermittent Wipers. It is BCM/GEM 726-01-01 and the Hex value should be changed from 002A 4240 502B to 022A 4240 502D. That first hexadecimal value controls the fixed to variable wiper in the Body Control Module. Don't forget to update the checksum value at the end from 2B to 2D. The wiper now works as I can rotate the ring to the top and it will wait about 20 seconds between wipes and turn it to the bottom and it will make a pass every 2 or 3 seconds. If anyone else ventures down this thread trying to figure out how to upgrade their 07 to 09 Mazda 3i, change the stalk, get Forscan and an OBD2 connector for your laptop (Windows Only), backup your BCM or GEM module by saving it in Forscan and then program it yourself by changing two values.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts