Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm considering getting my windows tinted on my sedan... all the windows including driver and passanger windows. I was quoted $219 for the 7 windows (yes those tiny two behind back seat windows count but were thrown in free). They said they could probably work it down to $200 because its a slow season and they looked pretty bored. This was at a place called Ideal window tint near No 6 Rd and Westminster Hwy in Richmond.

Anyone heard anything about this place or know of a better place to get it done?

EDIT: Heading to differentiate from the similar Toronto thread :twisted:

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I'm goin to my friend's place in Vancouver, near Marine Drive.
He does the tinting for Honda dealership. He would do it for $100+ for me, but he needs to see the car first. I'll let you know soon. I'm heading there on Saturday.

Another place is near Yaohan Centre, Richmond. Our member, wahyinghung went there and got it done for $195 I think. Try PM him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
we (mazda6club) got our tinting done by kartoyz who used to be located at crystal mall but move down to boundary b4 lougheed hwy.

it cost us $140 at a special price i think and someting like a p5 would cost an extra 20 so $160.

o here's their site.
http://www.kartoyz.net/main.asp

·
Banned
868 Posts
Ideal Tint is an official Revscene sponsor.

However, they are reputed to be very inconsistent with the quality of their work, from what I have read in the posts on Revscene. It varies from super good jobs, to very crappy, bubbling tints.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well apparantly they have a guarantee for no bubbling and cracking. I was just thinking of them because they are 1 block from my work. That way I can leave the car, walk to work then pick it up later.

Anyone ever hear of a lighter tint than 50%? I saw a car with 50% and I think its too dark for me. I wanted a light tint all around (except the windshield). But I want it on my front side windows too.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Absinthe said:
I'm goin to my friend's place in Vancouver, near Marine Drive.
He does the tinting for Honda dealership. He would do it for $100+ for me, but he needs to see the car first. I'll let you know soon. I'm heading there on Saturday.

Another place is near Yaohan Centre, Richmond. Our member, wahyinghung went there and got it done for $195 I think. Try PM him.
Do you think he can cut us a deal? I'm looking to get mine done too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking I need tires before tint. With that snow and ice the other day I was like DAMN this car has no grip! I had a Sunfire with Eagle RS-A's on it that had WAY more grip. I think it was a combo of the tire size and the weight on the front wheels. I'm sure my Sunfire was heavier.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Really!?

I think mine's okay in the ice and snow....ABS is great too. Definately better than my EL.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya... I spin my front tires pretty easy from a stop, too. I have to concentrate hard to start very slowly and not spin out. This isn't a torque or hp thing either. My old car had more torque (155) and almost as much horsepower (150). I'm not complaining about the ABS though... its probably the only thing giving me a decent stopping distance with the tires that are on there slipping so much.

Maybe my dealer just rolled the tires through some teflon anti-stick coating before putting them on or something. I am scared to take turns fast, too, because of the tires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Another place is near Yaohan Centre, Richmond. Our member, wahyinghung went there and got it done for $195 I think. Try PM him.[/quote]

Yeah go there they do a good job thanks for mentioning me Absinthe and yeah $195 for the back + front driver and passenger windows. It is $145 just for the back.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yea, I'd like to know too, what's the percentage most people get on the rear passenger sides and the back, i was thinking 50%.

The front ones are illegal so i'm still debating, it will look funny without tinting them though. Maybe a 20% in the front?

TIA for the info.

·
Banned
868 Posts
2k1_bug said:
Yea, I'd like to know too, what's the percentage most people get on the rear passenger sides and the back, i was thinking 50%.

The front ones are illegal so i'm still debating, it will look funny without tinting them though. Maybe a 20% in the front?

TIA for the info.
You mean 80% in front :) With 20%, you won't be able to see much :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
IdealTint next to Richmond automall is another good place. I got my Altima tint there and no buble, no crack for a year now. However, the web site is down so I'm sure whether they are still in business...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Levitron said:
2k1_bug said:

TIA for the info.
You mean 80% in front :) With 20%, you won't be able to see much :D
Sorry! My bad.. i wasn't sure how it works.. i meant 80% in that case.. :p

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ideal is still in business. I work 1 block away from them. They quote me $220 for 7 sedan windows but said they could get it down to $200 if it wasn't busy for them. Kinda expensive I thought.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
220 is actually a cheap quote. I got quoted at 270 for 7 windows before. i was like hell no. But if they gurantee for life against peeling and bubbling, then it's not too bad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Absinthe said:
wahyinghung, what's the percentage of yours again? Got pics?
I got (5%=95% covered only 5% of light can go through) tint for the back and 35% for the front driver+passenger windows and it is pretty dark at night time if there is no street light.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just got mine tinted yesterday at King's (near Ikea), costed me 220 for all 7 windows. They did a great job. Only thing is they didn't wipe clean the door panels afterwards. :x

I got the lightest tint for the front, and the second darkest for the back. Don't know the %, but didn't want to go too extreme for the front and back.

It looks way better now. Also those jerks won't tailgate me as much.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts