Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I will be buying a three sport sometime soon in Vancouver, Canada.

I might have to spec order it from Japan...that is another story...you see I want the GT package (wheels, trim, etc), but not all the other stuff...So you can imagine that there are few cars like this out there--dealers like to stock and sell vehicles with "preferred options packages" (they make more $$$ this way (!)

Does anyone here have a black one? I want to get the GT cloth model (no A/C, no leather, moonroof, etc). The only option I want is wheel locks--I wanna keep those nice 17''s!

I want a purpose-built street ripper. As soon as that new chip comes out...well...Hell's a poppin' :twisted:

The last out-the-door, all-inclusive price I was quoted to get one was $25,499.15 Canadian dollars.

Is there anyone here in BC or Canada that has paid less for a three sport hatch, GT cloth model, with no options but wheel locks?

Thanks and love the forum!

JZ

Th

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

Moved to Pricing

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I'd hope that's with taxes because that would be within a grand or so of my car and it's a near full load Sport GT.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I live in Vancouver,Canada.

why do u need to spec order one from Japan? Dealer got lost of 3s with the options that u want. All u are asking for is a Base Sport GT! Whats the different?

I just order my on Dec,2003 and i am picking up my car this Sat!
i got my fully loaded, with leather, sunroof and A/C. b4 tax it was close to $26,000.

if u want u can goto my dealer, he is very upfront so just tell him this is what i want and this is what i want to pay for it! if it doesn;t work just tell him to fuk off than hahhaha

good luck all, mabye we will meetup when u get your car

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
The last out-the-door, all-inclusive price I was quoted to get one was $25,499.15 Canadian dollars.

Is there anyone here in BC or Canada that has paid less for a three sport hatch, GT cloth model, with no options but wheel locks?
That's too much, I think.
I got around the same price with A/C and Moonroof, taxes, etc.

With no options plus wheel locks should come out around $23K or less.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wheel locks

Hi there,

We just picked up our 3 sedan GT last week... One point is that I think that Mazda is throwing in wheel locks for free on their alloy rims (so don't pay for it separately).

You can always buy wheel locks aftermarket later.

When we picked up the car, wheel locks were on it and we didn't order it as an option. In fact, the same thing for my toyota celica I bought in 2001.

I think it's a freebie that they give you (or price into the car at somepoint) already.... something to think about.

Kevin

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey jz wuts going on down in richmond..
hey u interested in doing a group buy sorta deal? lol
cuz i'll be buying a 3GT sport very very soon.. with 5spd + a/c
and i'm gonna be flexible towards the moonroof option

dude i doubt u can find one without a/c b/c they're kinda rare...

pm me or something lol.. i haven't checked out wolfe mazda .. i should be doing that this weekend.. and see if they can beat the deal metrotown mazda gave me

·
Registered
62 Posts
icecube...u said you only paid 26000, for a sport??? hmmmm how the hell did you get it so low..im tryin to get a GT-gfx sedan leather and 5spd and they tol dme just under 28g's! tell me your secrets! cuz the price difference of the sport to the sedan is about the same as adding on leather....where did you go in vancouevr to get it??

·
Registered
9 Posts
In continuing my locked topic about buying a car in BC, i was at signature mazda in Richmond. Their prices are the MSRP+freight. Danny (salesguy)says they make $800 on the car, and that's the price customer pays "just like Toyota"... He also said the car is so now that some people who bought the car already have to wait 3 months.... :shock:

All I want is the GS. Nothing else. I will need to learn how to drive MT to save $1000 :cry: ... but anyways the price is with Fright is $21,315... Ok is it that the only way I can get a 'deal' on this car is to add a bunch of options on it, then negotiate? I really don't want to add anything else especially from the dealer. I'm happy with the standard items on the GS.. I've never bought a new car before so don't know what sort of rip off scam I'm going to face at the dealer....

Rusproofing, undercoating... any other hidden fees ??

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey ud666

why not just get a GT instead of the GS? Is not that much a of $ difference. Yes my car came up to almost $30000 with tax and everything. i got leather/AC/Auto/Sunroof. so it is fully loaded in other words. I ordered the car in Dec27, 2003 and got the car on Jan 17, 2004.

abt the rushproofing , undercoating, and leather treatment. Mazda dealership does it for $799 or thats what they told me or in other words try to sell it to me hahah, but ask around and my friend send me to this place that does everything for $395 and they wax your car too. if u want more info PM.

o and i got my car at Wolfe Mazda

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks ice.
Yah i know the GS and GSX is only $1000 diff.. but I think I'll be happy with the 16 inch tires. I did some scanning and to replace 17" tires, it will burn a hole in my wallet :shock:

So you did the rustproofing all that crap elsewhere? I'd like more info on it. but does it affect the mazda body warranty in anyway?

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow! IceCube, what is the car price before taxes and everything then? I got my 3 sedan GT at Wolfe too, but no leather as the leather may freeze my butt in cold weather.

For that protection package, my friend working at Subaru recommended me to get the protection package (about $240) in Richmond. The package includes paint sealant, undercoating, rustproofing and scotchguard. I only did the undercoating, but will do the paint sealant in the upcoming week. The guy there seems to do a good job. Rustproofing is not really needed. For scotchguard, the guy told me to get 2-3 can from Superstore and do it myself. I can save a bit by doing this myself. Everything costs me about $200. :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you also get a security system and spoiler for the extra $1000, it's worth it IMO, since you saved yourself $1000 on the MT :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where??? Richmond Subaur/volvo?

gummcgay said:
For that protection package, my friend working at Subaru recommended me to get the protection package (about $240) in Richmond. The package includes paint sealant, undercoating, rustproofing and scotchguard. I only did the undercoating, but will do the paint sealant in the upcoming week. The guy there seems to do a good job. Rustproofing is not really needed. For scotchguard, the guy told me to get 2-3 can from Superstore and do it myself. I can save a bit by doing this myself. Everything costs me about $200. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
OH Fr3D why did you have to say that...
Must resist.. must resist.. :)

I always wanted to have a black car. I will get black, and also tint the windows...

FR3D said:
you also get a security system and spoiler for the extra $1000, it's worth it IMO, since you saved yourself $1000 on the MT :wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wouldn;t get the GS coz $1000 u will get alot more than u can get $1000 after market parts.

Yea my protection package was abit expenices if u r paying $240 for what i did, but i don;t trust no place at Richmond, but if they do it right thats a great deal than haha. i know u can do the scotchguard by yourself and all but i go snowboard all the time and snow gets in the car and trunk. The place did all of my car includes the trunk and carpets. and for rustproofing u do need it if u plan on having the car for a long time. It does snow here and rains like crazy in Vancouver.

and i don;t think mazda cares where u get the protection packages from, is all the same or abt the same, not too many ways u can do them. Mazda will not care abt it at least i wouldn;t think they would care coz they don;t cover these things in the first place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts