Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know which places does a good tinting job and whats a the price range? I read the older post and heard about ideal and etc... Which shops does a good job? And whats % should i do it? Im thinkin of tinting the front too but is illegal in BC.

What % is your back and front ?

I know tinting is not that expensive but if anyone is interested lets try to go together and maybe we can get a cheap price.

Thx

·
Banned
868 Posts
Hey, I'm getting mine done on Friday.

My buddy was going to get his done right after mine, but he's backed out. Do you want to take his spot? $190 cash for 7 windows.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you can get the price down, I might be interested. I'd say a 25% chance I'd get my 7 windows done... If the price was right, this probability goes up. 100% when the price hits $10.00

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm more concern about the quality... I used IdealTint (one block away from Richmond Automall) before and the job is good... Lifetime warranty as well.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I will be getting mine done on Friday, at Yao Bong Auto Glass behind T&T Supermarket in Richmond.

If you guys are serious about this, I talk to the people there for a discount. And I'll need you guys to commit.

Let me know before Thursday, and how many people in total.

So far:
1)Me (Sport GT)
2)RX-7 (Sport GT)
3)PhilGood (Sedan (?) GS)

Yao Bong comes highly recommended by people I know. Very good quality tinting...a friend of mine has over 4 cars tinted at their place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone interested in group tinting with me and Levitron in Richmond leave me a msg.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i heard that tinting in the winter is not a very good idea.......it could cause bubbles in the tint cuz of the moisture

i hear that most tinting places recommend that cars should be tinted in the summer

so........i think i might have to back out of this......but i'll decide in a few days and message you........if you could give an approximate on the price......that'd be great......thanks!

·
Banned
868 Posts
I park my car in a garage most of the time anyways....so it's fine with me.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I've done some shopping around.

$190 is average.

I've gotten quotes of $160~170 after some talking....but they're all just "mobile" tinters. Yao Bong is a shop, and I trust them....that's why I decided it's worth my $20.

So far, my tint is perfect; no bubbles or anything.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ic ic............thanx Levitron.

r u gonna total black or gradual on your windows?

I am just afarid to get caught by a pig again for tinting the front windows >.<

·
Banned
868 Posts
Mine is 50% front, 20% rears. What do you mean by gradual? Mine is one solid colour (not that Lexus SUV tint).

And the most expensive I've gotten as a quote was $220, by Ideal Tint & Windows. Couldn't talk them down...and they didn't even seem like they were interested in talking to me. Ideal is also famous for not having consistent quality; one time it could be great, another not so great.

Avrix on Minoru is hella expensive, but very reputable for their gurantee + quality.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi guys, I just went to Avrix yesterday to get a quote for their ONYX Tint... it's $350 for the 7 windows... tax included...

I've used the ONYX tint on my beamer before and I paid only $300 for 7 windows in 2001... The guy in Avrix on Minoru told me that the cost of materials has risen alot since 2001... do you guys think so? :? $50 increase for 7 windows since 2001?

Actually Avrix broke up and changed it's name to SmartFlims now.. :idea:

·
Registered
3 Posts
[quote author=RX-7 link=topic=2091.msg31408#msg31408 date=1075751119]
Hi, does anyone know which places does a good tinting job and whats a the price range? I read the older post and heard about ideal and etc... Which shops does a good job? And whats % should i do it? Im thinkin of tinting the front too but is illegal in BC.

What % is your back and front ?

I know tinting is not that expensive but if anyone is interested lets try to go together and maybe we can get a cheap price.

Thx
[/quote]check out vantint.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts