Mazda3 Forums banner

Vancouver Dealership

Vancouver Dealership Poll

5K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  latelier 
#1 ·
Which dealership do you recommend and why? How much below MSRP did you negotiated, and how was the service there? Recommendation on salesperson?

#2 ·
I didn't go to other dealerships. The only one I've been to was Signature Mazda. Heard a lot of bad things about this dealership. I guess I was lucky I was treated right. Talked to Danny. He seems to know about cars in general, tho I think I know more about MZ3 than he does :D The service I got was okay I guess. He even gave me a little tour. Not that I needed it, but it was nice to see a bunch of MZ3s at the back lot :nsmile:

Btw, what's the difference between this thread and this http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=459

#4 ·
I bought 2 Mazdas (3 and MPV) from Signature within 2 weeks time, I think every dealership is similar because I did all the research before buying a car. I also check with the booker before hand to get a bottom line price; most of the time a booker can get the lowest price but lacks all the dealership goodies such as tour, demonstration and test drive. I bought my 03 Altima from a booker with $2000 under MSRP last year and the Nissan dealership can only go with $800 under...

I found the price different on the 3 is only $500 between Signature and the booker and I can get the dealership to throw in some addons such as rear mud guard and cargo net, so I go with Signature because the salesman (Eric) is quite a nice guy.

If price is your concern, check the dealerships out and compare the price. Otherwise, I'll pick the one closest to me because if there is any problem it's easier to get to them and at least you know which salesman to talk to...

#10 ·
well......there's 2 west coasts.......i actually bought mine from the one in maple ridge

but.......i also went to the west coast in port moody......the person who helped me there.......overall a really nice guy.....but......didnt really know much about the car.....his name was jason

at the maple ridge west coast......i personally didnt like the salesperson but my parents liked him........his name was arnie.....i wasnt around when dealing with him......but i just didnt really like the vibe i got from him....i dunno how to explain........just all seemed so fake
the service guys at the service department were really great tho at maple ridge tho......really nice and easy to talk to

i also went to richmond automall signature mazda......i think it was francis i talked to........really nice guy......very smart salesman.....knew what to say and knew how to sell.......but......living in port coquitlam......didnt wanna drive all the way to richmond if any problems came up

#11 ·
I went to west coast as well in Port Moody. Talked with Al. He wouldn't give me less than the M.S.R.P. I wanted GT with GFX package and Auto. And he quoted me exactly the MSRP. Said that these cars are in high demand, and he can't give me a better deal.
I was bummed.
I really want this car, but i guess i should wait another few months, eh?
Should i pay $23,XXX for the aforementioned car? This is before taxes and all the other fees. :(

#12 ·
turtle said:
well......there's 2 west coasts.......i actually bought mine from the one in maple ridge

but.......i also went to the west coast in port moody......the person who helped me there.......overall a really nice guy.....but......didnt really know much about the car.....his name was jason

at the maple ridge west coast......i personally didnt like the salesperson but my parents liked him........his name was arnie.....i wasnt around when dealing with him......but i just didnt really like the vibe i got from him....i dunno how to explain........just all seemed so fake
the service guys at the service department were really great tho at maple ridge tho......really nice and easy to talk to

i also went to richmond automall signature mazda......i think it was francis i talked to........really nice guy......very smart salesman.....knew what to say and knew how to sell.......but......living in port coquitlam......didnt wanna drive all the way to richmond if any problems came up

Hey Turtle, i'm thinking of getting the GS Sedan Indigo Blue as well. How are you liking the car? Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the car? you can email me at chris_g_lum@hotmail.com if you prefer.

#13 ·
the car's great.......colorwise......it's a nice color.......but i dont like how it has a shade of purple which i didnt realize till after choosing it

i dont know how much i paid for it..........i didnt buy it......parents did......sorry

#14 ·
Demands on the Mazda3 are very high at the moment and I think it'll take a while until the price go below MSRP. I saw they sold 5 Mazda3 with 3 hours in Signature Mazda waiting for my paper work to be done... and there are lots of enquiries as well...

#15 ·
That Francis guy is horrible at Signature........

My co-worker went in and did a little test drive. Afterwards, she wanted to see a brochure and wanting Francis to explain to her with few things. but then he said: "I am afraid that even if I show it to you, you won't understand"

holly c**p! how can he say that to his potential customer? my co-worker really wanted to buy a M3 now she said that she is so pissed off that she'll never buy Mazda again.......

I got mine from Francis. Yes, he is a VERY SMART sales but he doesn't know the car he is selling.........he doesn't know how things work in the car.

I bought from him b/c I did my research so whether or not he tells me makes no difference to me and I needed a car.

#16 ·
turtle said:

I ended up purchasing from West Coast Maple Ridge, as well. The sales guy was real nice, and i got a whole lot off MSRP (considering i got an '05 model). I opted out for 5 speed, 'cuz after driving the stick, i fell in love with it! It's so smooth!

Anyways, turtle is right about their service department. Their people were real friendly, and according to my salesman, they're one of the best in BC.

#17 ·
I've only dealt with Signature Mazda and my experience has been good. Both the sales guy and the service guys have been pleasant to deal with. I'm also pleasant to deal with. What comes around goes around. No complaints so far...

There are a lot of message threads on this site regarding people who have had a terrible experience at their dealership. Sometimes I wonder if it's really the dealership or if it's the person creating the message post. Of course most people are going to have sympathy for the person that posted their experience... it's a one-sided, biased story! (sorry.. I went off topic)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.