Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have read the manual, so I now know if I get locked in my truck I can still get out (it even glows in the dark). But what I still don't know is how do I lock the truck so it can't be opened from my latch on my driver side.

I have to admit, I don't really have a problem opening the trunk with the key. As a matter of fact I find it easier. The trunk doesn't have any place to get a grip when you are wearing gloves and I tend to NOT lock my car so I keep valuable in the trunk. I would rather no have someone just POP my trunk and take my GPS unit again.

·
Registered
579 Posts
well you could do like i did.. i have a sedan, and if you open the trunk theres a little switch by the trunk latch.. if you flip it, then it disables the remote pull switch up front and you have to use the key to open it..

after that all you have to do is lock your backseats and aint nobody gettin back there

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Is valet lock really the right word for what you're looking for? I could understand calling it a valet lock if the trunk used a separate key, like what I had on my old Taurus. The valet guy is going to have your key to start the car, though, so instead of pulling the lever he just has to bring the key around to the back and unlock it by hand.

Are you worried about the case where you give someone your key and don't want them to get in the trunk (doesn't seem like there's a fix for that), or the case where you leave your car unlocked and don't want someone getting in the trunk (then heyitzsmike has it covered)?

Andrew Beard

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
As long as your not talking about a valet actually having your key, then you can lock your trunk down. It's in the manual. There is a small lever on the trunk latch itself that will disable the remote release by the driver seat. Engage that, lock your back seats and no one will get in without the key (Or a really good size pry-bar).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone.

I will look in my manual again. Last time I thought I read everything about the trunk, but I guess I missed the switch.

And I think you are correct I think a Valet look is a seperate key, but it was the only think I could think of for the subject line.

Once again, thanks again.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
[quote author=jckatz link=topic=66154.msg1134446#msg1134446 date=1168015398]I tend to NOT lock my car...

[/quote]

Just curious...why don't you tend to lock your car? It's as easy as pushing a button on the key fob. It's the least effort-related thing to do when it comes to your car.

·
Registered
579 Posts
sometimes its better... say if someone was determined to get in your car, at least you wouldnt have a broken window... but then again, you might not even have a car.. so who knows? :dunno:

some people just dont do it, i do.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
[quote author=heyitzsmike link=topic=66154.msg1146806#msg1146806 date=1168642004]
sometimes its better... say if someone was determined to get in your car, at least you wouldnt have a broken window...
[/quote]

:lol: That makes absolutely NO sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts