Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was I supposed to get a valet key when I purchase my car?

I am planning on installing a Viper alarm system with remote start.

·
Registered
611 Posts
:klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg:

SEARCH there was another thread just yesterday about this. NO you don't get a valet key, no there is no way to secure your trunk if they have a key. and you're in the wrong forum for this question.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this message really pissed you off that much, why did you respond?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't be an asshole, just be kind a direct me. That is all it takes.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, this forum sucks on the search capability.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I responded like that because we've been beating this topic to death the past week. i've seen at least 3 threads on this topic pop up. Im usually one to respond helpfully, but come on. the other topc is basically the exact same title!
Heres what i got when i searched "VALET"

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=56429.0
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=56232.0 <--- not as useful, but you still find out that theres no valet key
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=66154.0 <--- Heres the one from earlier this week
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=1165.0

Now, search nextime

·
Registered
976 Posts
Never buy a viper. I bought a valet remote starter + alarm all in one system when I bought my 3. I've been having issues with this piece of shxt.

a) The range is pretty pathetic. You pretty much have to be very close to the car unless there is absolutely nothing between the remote & the car.

b) The 2-way remote with LCD starts but sometimes doesn't confirm that the car has been started. That is the LCD doesn't show that the car is started then you'll try to start again, which will shut off the engine.

c) This is the biggest issue so far. The main brain is fxcked, completely fxcked. It starts the car itself without my setting timer on it or actually try to start the car. You might think it's because it's too cold out there and the car decides to start itself. This happened all through summer and no wonder I'm getting shitty gas mileage. I first thought it's the remote itself but i have tried taking the battery out of the remote but it still does it.

I bought it from Visions but because Visions was too busy to install it, they recommanded me to go to another shop to get it installed. Now neither store want to help me fix this thing because visions said they didn't install it and the shop said they didn't sell it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, after hearing that I may want to see more reviews on a Viper system. Thanks for you info!

·
Registered
976 Posts
That ain't the only one. I have a friend who drives a truck who happened to goto Visions to buy this remote starter + alarm all in one system that he saw on the flyer. So he went there and they told him that it's already sold out. Of course they tried to sell him the viper system and told him that it's the best out there. Next day afternoon I saw him with his truck in the shop at work. Asked him what's wrong with his car and he said the alarm he bought from Visions is fxcked. Asked him what brand and he said Viper.

Man I start to wonder why they even have two names, valet & viper. Maybe because their products sucked so much that they just have to change the product name so people would buy them? 2000 ft. range? yeah right, more like fxcking 2000 baby ft. I can tell you it's less than 200 ft when there is something in the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts