Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tirerack has Valeo wipers buy one get one free right now(till 5/31). They are "hook lock". I assume that is what we use. Anybody have comments on these wipers?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Can someone confirm that we use the "hook lock" system?

... and are the Valeo wipers as great as they are advertised to be?

... and what's the difference between Valeo Ultimate and Valeo Ultimate OEM?

·
Registered
212 Posts
oem means it usually dont have the instructions or anything, just the item, well that is how it is with computer stuff usually

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I might pick these up because I'm tired of the "chattering" from the silicon blades.

It's like I need to Rain-X my windshield and clean the blades every time I want to get rid of the chattering...

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I just bought some triple-edge silicon blades ( http://www.tripledge.com/ ) for my Dakota R/T, and I hate them. They chatter and streak on every stroke. These were my first, and last, silicon wiper blades. I still really like the Bosch Icons on my 3, but they are just too pricey for all of my vehicles. I think I'm going to replace the blades on my Dak with some of the Michelin's that are at Wal-Mart.

Darryl

·
Registered
233 Posts
Currently, i am using a pair of Valeo on my hatch. Works great and very effective. Also get one free when buy one from Strauss auto. Around $10 each.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just ordered a pair from TireRack for $20 + $7 shipping. They cost $30 each at the local Strauss Auto. I just put them on and got in. They weren't kidding about the visibility. I can see my hood. I haven't tried them out yet, but I think I will today or tomorrow when I wash my car.

Only regret is that I wish I would have gotten them slightly larger. What is the largest sizes that would fit on our car without hitting? 21 and 19 look really tiny with the valeos

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
I have them and I love them. I talked to tire rack about the sizes cause i want 22" on driver and 18" on passenger since the pass one sort hangs off the windsheild from the curve until about 1/4 of the way up...it bothers me, but they told me just to give them a call and they can do it for me, so anyone of yous can do it when you plan to order. I just got my pair about 2K ago and I wanna get another pair or two to stock up on this deal...they truly are great wipers. I see soo clear in the rain now

·
Registered
692 Posts
How do you like 22-18 VS 21-19

Any advantage/disadvantage of the different sizes?

I was thinking about increasing the size of both, maybe 23 and 20

1 - 12 of 12 Posts