Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry mods! I know this isn't the right place, but I couldn't decide the best place to stick this- I was going to put it in the powertrain parent forum but only have the new Poll option for that. Please move this to wherever you think it best fits

I got some silicon vacuum hose for christmas and I'm going to be using it to dress up the engine bay. I was hoping that someone could tell me which hoses are the following sizes- and if you wanna go that extra mile and put some pictures up I'd appreciate it! Oh, and if you know lengths- or can make a guess within a few inches- that would be great as well!

Inside Diameter:
3.5 mm
4.0 mm
6.0 mm
8.0 mm

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats most likely the approach i'm going to end up taking. I was just hoping to get a head start if anyone had info. It's going to take quite awhile for me to actually get onto the project- gotta figure out which hoses I can or can't use this vacuum hose on, then i gotta figure out where the ends are, etc etc..... if ever theres a project that i don't finish this is likely to be one of them. lol.

·
Registered
917 Posts
[quote author=Zorminster link=topic=65473.msg1123655#msg1123655 date=1167341953]
..... if ever theres a project that i don't finish this is likely to be one of them. lol.
[/quote]

Awe man, I would love to see the finished product. I hope you finish!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that makes two of us! At this point it's really a race against time- i've got about 2 weeks till school starts back. That means i need locate, asses, and then replace the hoses. I gotta figure out which ones are safe for the silicon hose (can't use it for fuel), then i need to figure out whether i have enough length for it (I dont think i'll have enough from this kit to do both of the radiator overflow hoses, maybe one of them :( ) and then i have to get to the actual replacement of the hoses.

During this time i'm also painting engine pieces (if i get 60 degrees sometime between now and then- apparently the high temp enamel needs warmer conditions than most other spray paints) as well as installing some interior lighting effects and getting an SRI in there.

I'll make sure theres plenty of pics as the process gets underway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts