Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I found an 07 Mazda 3 s Hatchback w/5 sp, 31k miles for $12.3k ($12.9k OTD) ... sounded like a good deal considering it was close to the KBB trade in value. I'm wondering if KBB just hasn't adjusted downward with the crappy economy, because eventhough this is an economical albeit fun car when people are out of work they can't buy cars. This will actually be the first vehicle under $20k that I will have bought in a long time but I've "reformed" and decided that you can have a cool little car and still save some $$$. So, do y'all think that KBB is still a good measuring stick or is it just relative. I would have beat the door down to get this at $9k - $10k and it's not like $12k is going to break the bank but I want to be sure to get the best deal possible. BTW, this car does need tires so I will have to spend ~$400 or so shortly after purchase.

I also have a friend that is an auto consultant who stated he can find me the same thing from 2004 - 2007 for somewhere between $5k - $10k + his $500 fee. He did tell me that I have to be patient in order to find the right deal, so who knows how long.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am wondering about this too!
I saw an used 2006 s Grand Touring with 28000 miles on it, it still has a little over a year manufacturer warranty. The listed price is $14,300 which is even a little lower than KBB.

I am just not sure if I should get the used one or a new 09 i Touring...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts