Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new guy here.

My deal is that I'm looking at an '05 Mazda3 from a non-Mazda dealer, and a piece on the outside is loose, where I circled in red below (not the car I'm looking at, just for demostration):

The plastic connector bit that holds it on is snapped. Now, basically I'm an idiot regarding anything about cars, so I don't know if this is something that would be covered under the warranty that I could bring to a Mazda dealer, or how much it would cost if I needed to have it replaced.

Anyone have any clue???
Thanks

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
A) Will the car still be considered in warrenty? (how many miles on it)

B)Are you talking about the side skirt or the wheel well?

C) If you are talking about the side skirt,
a)That might be considered under warranty if you have one, not sure
b)You can always get double sided tape and secure it that way, thats how most of the side skirt is held
on anyway.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would even see if you could get the dealer selling the car to fix it, often they'll agree to fix minor things with a car if it clinches the deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
salute: it's the skirt, and the car has about 45k on it so I imagine it would be under warranty since they go to 50k; if it's not, the tape idea will be good to keep in mind :D

wolfe, that's true; I'll see if they would consider fixing it

Thanks for the fast reply both of you guys, this seems like a really helpful forum.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
no problem. People like to help each other here. Please do a search if you ran into another problem before creating a post. (you're ok this time) There is alot of info that has been covered before and all of it is stored away waiting for you to look for it ;)

good luck with buying the 3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts