Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the packages/options going to still be all screwy like they currently are? For example, if you want one package or option, you have to get 5 other packages to actually get that one option?

Also, what other options and packages do you think we'll see in the states? Probably ones similar to the 6, I assume. I hope they make it easy to get a bare minimum model with leather as the only other option, because that's pretty much all I want.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Of course some packages will require others - that's just market dynamics at work.

I'd assume leather will be a standalone option, as it is with the 6 (if I remember correctly).

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it for the 6? I just can't seem to get the right imprssion with the build your mazda feature on the mazdaUSA site.

If I chose cloth on a MZ6i then I'm not forced into any packages. If I choose leather, I have to get the sport, comfort, bose, and premium packages. Does that make any sense?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
DO NOT choose Black leather. THAT is 1SE only.

Grey and Beige leather mean you CAN'T get 1SE (which is what you want).

It is an $860 stand-alone option.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Speaking of annoying package dependencies ...

Is it true that to get a moonroof in a 6, that one has to buy a Bose sound system and a sport package???

Just because I want to see a little sky, I have to drop $600 on an unwanted Bose audio system???

I wouldn't mind it so much if the system actually sounded good, but I listened to one recently and didn't like it at all.

Oh well, I guess there are always 3rd party options on the moonroof.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's always 3rd party everything. I dont' think I'd trust a 3rd party hole-in-the-ceiling too much though...

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would certainly prefer to not go that route. But if I have to pay $2000+ to get a moonroof on a Mazda 6, I would certainly give 3rd party a thought.

I'm waiting to see what hoops Mazda makes us jump through on the 3. For example, if I get a 3, I'd like a moonroof, but would still not want a Bose audio system or 17" wheels (I prefer 16") or extra trim slapped all over the car. I know that companies can't build hundreds of variations of each car, and thus make calculated assessments as to which options are usually purchased together. I just hope the combinations don't work against me too badly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yah, I totally agree. I remember with my dads focus we were able to pick what we wanted instead of paying $3000 just for power lock doors or something. I really want a sunroof but I have a feeling they're gonna get me to buy everything else for the car before they throw it in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is for sure...

That is maybe why there is only ONE option (GFX) for now I guess, and like right now, when you click on Sunroof, it says that you need the A/C from the GT Trim.

The thing is that you don't want A/C due tu performance loss compared to the use you actually do of it.

-Frank

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Frank said:
That is for sure...

That is maybe why there is only ONE option (GFX) for now I guess, and like right now, when you click on Sunroof, it says that you need the A/C from the GT Trim.

The thing is that you don't want A/C due tu performance loss compared to the use you actually do of it.

-Frank
I REALLY doubt it ppl will NOT get A/C but I see your point. Where did you see this info - A/C needed for GFX? It's not in mazda.ca that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe in canda they won't :p

But there are some pretty toasty places here in the US; I don't think I've ever been in a car without A/C.

Yah, I totally agree. I remember with my dads focus we were able to pick what we wanted instead of paying $3000 just for power lock doors or something.
It's funny. This is one of those "What If" things that keeps me up at night.

"What if there was no war? What if people didn't die? What if Mazda would let me pick the packages I wanted? The world would be a better place"

The only options I really want are sunroof and leather. Is that too much to ask?

·
Registered
43 Posts
this is what i REALLY want: steel grey sedan w/sport package(GFX one), decent rims, and two tone blue cloth(OMG!!! i gotta hav this!!).....i hope that wouldnt cost too much

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Don't know where to post this. Just to show how badly we have it when it comes to cars in NA:

STANDARD ON THE 2.0 TOP MAZDA3 GERMAN MODEL:

ABS w/EBDF - Standard in Canada/Optional in the US
Dynamic Stability Control
Traction Control
SAB/SAC
Xenon - Optional in the US
Trip Computer
Auto Climate Control
Head Restraints for all seats - NA gets 4 only

1 - 20 of 25 Posts