Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I bought a cf hood from some guy on ebay, and when I received it, the carbon fiber hood was damaged. The seller is willing to replace me, but told me I have to destroy the hood before he can send me out another new one. Have you guys ever destroyed your own hood to get a warranty replacement?? Can you show me some of the pictures you have that are damaged please?? This is very URGENT, please reply me with pictures :) Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
that is shady as hell... sounds like the seller is experienced in mail fraud. lmao

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's carbon creations!! Is that true though?? The guy said I have to show him pics before the factory can send me out a warranty replacement hood!!! Any ideas???

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
pictures should be required yeah. but destroying the hood no. just send some pics of the damage from shipping.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=Verto link=topic=138716.msg2989557#msg2989557 date=1236839874]
pictures should be required yeah. but destroying the hood no. just send some pics of the damage from shipping.
[/quote]

Send you the pictures damaged from shipping?? You work for carbon creations??

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
no... send it to the seller...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did that before, that's why they said the factory will replace me the hood as a warranty replacement, but before sending out to me, they need a proof(pictures) from me damage my carbon fiber hood!!

Any of you guys encountered this problem and had to destroy it??

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=138716.msg2989575#msg2989575 date=1236841392]
Well no. You see, that would be insane.
[/quote]

That is exactly why I'm posting on here to see if anyone had a warranty replacement before?? I just sent an email to carbon creations, and might give them a call tomorrow. But if that's the case(destroying my hood to get it replaced), do I really do it?? = ="

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
They prolly want you to destroy the hood so when they send you the replacement hood, they will know that you won't go and sell the one you initially received. This will also save you or them money on shipping the damaged hood back.

If you really think this is shady then call Carbon Creations themselves.

·
Registered
266 Posts
wtf...

that's definitely a first! ahaha

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
or...u can find some scraped up cr hood and beat that too hell...and send them pics of that...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
kinda wierd how they would send a damaged hood...my friends hood that arrived was packaged so well that there was zero chance of having it damaged!

·
Registered
155 Posts
cf hoods can be damaged during shipping. they even warn you b4 u when u order. if it is damaged u dont sign for the package and the shipping company pays for it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
[quote author=2ruSpeed link=topic=138716.msg2990431#msg2990431 date=1236883400]
They prolly want you to destroy the hood so when they send you the replacement hood, they will know that you won't go and sell the one you initially received. This will also save you or them money on shipping the damaged hood back.

If you really think this is shady then call Carbon Creations themselves.
[/quote]

I think you are right, they dont want him to sell the damaged hood, and they dont want to pay for the shipping back because it does cost quite a bit to ship hoods and bumpers..

Or they want more damage on the hood to file a claim with the shipper.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Well, you should be sure and at least have some fun with it :lol:

maybe go sleding with it? gasoline and fire? axe? chainsaw? thermite? death ray? teletubies?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts