Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is a long time coming but we are looking into a major site software upgrade. The plan is to take the whole FMVperformance network and upgrade to vBulletin. We want to do this to make the site more secure when it comes to spammers as well as vast amounts of plugins that will help the staff to do their jobs as well as multiple other plugins that will make your time on the forum much more interesting.

I wanted to hear your thoughts on this.

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=Say Chi Sin Lo link=topic=208396.msg4207159#msg4207159 date=1332531290]
Is vBulletin the site/software where the home page is all discombobulated, and the login link/place is like looking for waldo?
[/quote]

I have seen what you are talking about. This is a problem when people install a CMPS front page and put the link to the actual forum in the darkest corner in the smallest possible font. I would not be into doing this, trust me. The layout of the site would be near identical.

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=ahanix1989 link=topic=208396.msg4207155#msg4207155 date=1332531074]
I really hope vbulletin has improved... Used to be the worst
[/quote]

All forum software kinda sucks if you have no clue how to make it run really well. The vast majority of sites run by Autoguide are run on vBulletin and we have a very good grasp of how to manage that platform.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
as long as everything is still here, as well as maybe a few new functions, i say :nice: i personally havent had a problem with the ads for whatever reason. but the spammers have got to go...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Gallery is a good feature. I think this one could be better. So I say yes. Overall I am pleased with the site, I don't really have any issues. But don't take away our android app access!

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[quote author=Gibbsinator link=topic=208396.msg4207190#msg4207190 date=1332533440]
Gallery is a good feature. I think this one could be better. So I say yes. Overall I am pleased with the site, I don't really have any issues. But don't take away our android app access!
[/quote]

We have a great android app that works with vB and its free.

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=halo0 link=topic=208396.msg4207177#msg4207177 date=1332532353]
what's an example of a major forum (i.e. high user base) that is using vB? I checked the others I frequent and none are...
[/quote]

Dodgetalk.com, M5board.com, Pirate4x4.com, allfordmustangs.com, mytractorforum.com

Some have the front page that makes it a little bit of a pain to get to the forum but in some cases its how the forum was acquired. If you are viewing any of these sites as a guest expect to see more ads then you would as a registered member.

·
Registered
769 Posts
When will this be happening and how long will the site be down? Also +1 for moving the ads out of the way of functions. (I can't get ad block to remove part of the Car ID one).

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=halo0 link=topic=208396.msg4207198#msg4207198 date=1332533720]
you'd think for being "digital artists" they'd know how to design a site better. No matter how wide your window is the site content is squeezed into a tiny space in the middle of the screen. :dur: This site isn't even that dumb.
[/quote]

Call it a "legacy" feature thing nobody ever thought to fix, since that place has been around a good 15 years. :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts