Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my eD 9.65s in the mail this week and today is the day... i noticed though we have 1" tweeters stock....with a whole lot of extra "tweeter grill" around the speaker itself. whats the best way of mounting my new 2" tweeters there?

·
Registered
601 Posts
you could grind down the back of the grills so that all the holes are open, not just the ones for the 1" tweeters. if you have even more patience, you could drill out each on individually. not the best option but if you did it well it would look awesome.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had stock tweeters, and just popped them out of the sail panels... and the replacement ones fit perfect in there. To hold them in, I used a bead of hot glu on the back side. It looks stock, and sounds great.

I would have installed them in the front a-pillars if I didn't have stock tweeters - its better staging having the highs hit in front of you.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=soaptray link=topic=136020.msg2936954#msg2936954 date=1234644931]
I had stock tweeters, and just popped them out of the sail panels... and the replacement ones fit perfect in there. To hold them in, I used a bead of hot glu on the back side. It looks stock, and sounds great.

I would have installed them in the front a-pillars if I didn't have stock tweeters - its better staging having the highs hit in front of you.
[/quote]

What kind of tweeters did you put in that fit close to stock?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a set of Pioneer Rev Components... the yellow ones with kevlar etc...

The tweeters fit like a charm, but any tweeter, I think 1", should fit in there no problem,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts