Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, maybe it's my 240lb body thats doing it but this is the first car I have driven that creaks when I move around in the seat. Any ideas on a fix (other than losing 100lbs.)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Creaking seat noise

my seat belt support creaked since day one and at first I thought it was the seat. It was a bit loose but I fixed it.

·
Registered
156 Posts

my seat actually rocks a bit... i checked the bolts but they arent loose, guess i better get down there with a wrench or just have the dealer do it

·
Registered
12 Posts

My seat creaks sporadically as well. It is not lose that I can tell. The creak sound seems to come from the lower right side of the seat near the center console and seat belt fastener.

·
Registered
6 Posts

my seat does the same exact thing...seems to do it more in the cold weather.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

I've been wanting to start a creak list and I don't even own the car yet...LOL. The price one pays for love.

·
Registered
250 Posts

Put me on the list of creaking/ticking passenger seat. Some days it isn't bad at all and then all of a sudden it starts up again. I can't seem to figure out what is causing it as everything seems pretty well screwed down tight.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

[quote author=tuners link=topic=71820.msg1269794#msg1269794 date=1173991767]
Put me on the list of creaking/ticking passenger seat. Some days it isn't bad at all and then all of a sudden it starts up again. I can't seem to figure out what is causing it as everything seems pretty well screwed down tight.
[/quote]

Really more of an information post of here are the list of creaks and here are the potential fixes kind of thing. I'll have to wait till I take delivery though.

·
Registered
177 Posts

I thought I was the only one that had the creak, anyone know how the hell to fix it? More in cold weather than warm.

·
Registered
250 Posts

[quote author=Grodzman link=topic=71820.msg1272650#msg1272650 date=1174104190]
I thought I was the only one that had the creak, anyone know how the hell to fix it? More in cold weather than warm.
[/quote]

My creak is inconsistent - some days non existent and then the next it drives me crazy trying to locate it. It is worse in cold weather i have noticed.
Naturally when I dropped my car off at my dealer to get the CEL fixed and CAI installed it was 60 degrees and they gave me the old "we couldn't duplicate the problem" line.

·
Registered
248 Posts

[quote author=blu link=topic=71820.msg1264195#msg1264195 date=1173758210]
my seat actually rocks a bit... i checked the bolts but they arent loose, guess i better get down there with a wrench or just have the dealer do it
[/quote]

Mine does the same thing. It doesn't creak (yet), but it sure as hell rocks. There is nothing loose that I can tell. It is probably just play in the reclining bracket. Just one more thing to love about this car. :lol: I guess when it becomes like a rocking chair we'll have a problem.

·
Registered
67 Posts

I actually noticed this a couple weeks ago, and took the car in last week to the dealer. It sounds like an old womans rocking chair when I lean back and forth. They ordered a new seat rail to see if that helps. I'll let ya all know once it comes in!

·
Registered
335 Posts

I get noise from the seat belt buckle as well.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts

offtopic, but is that an original color you can get from the factory...the OP's avatar

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

[quote author=small town king link=topic=71820.msg1275744#msg1275744 date=1174289267]
offtopic, but is that an original color you can get from the factory...the OP's avatar
[/quote]

I keep getting asked this. Unfortunately, that pic is PS'd. Original attached for proof.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts

i have the same problem and im only 140lbs at the most. EVERY car ive ever owned has done this...and it drives me crazy.

it isnt all the time though like some of you, and mostly when i hit little bumps in the road. I do not however have the rocking that some are talking about.

·
Registered
91 Posts

[quote author=Julio link=topic=71820.msg1263688#msg1263688 date=1173743455]
my seat belt support creaked since day one and at first I thought it was the seat. It was a bit loose but I fixed it.
[/quote]

How did you manage to fix it?

·
Registered
182 Posts

[quote author=Wesicks link=topic=71820.msg1276255#msg1276255 date=1174319796]
[quote author=Julio link=topic=71820.msg1263688#msg1263688 date=1173743455]
[/quote]

How did you manage to fix it?
[/quote]

Tightened the bolt and used some grease..

·
Registered
397 Posts

You guys are positive its the seat creaking? This morning I heard a creaking noise and it reminded me off this post. However it wasn't the seat it was the seat belt buckle. When I moved it back and forth it would squeak. Now I'm not saying you guys are hearing things and its most likely the seat in your case but it wouldn't hurt to check.

In my old car I kept hearing this spring noise when I went up a curb like on my driveway. For days I couldn't figure it out I thought it was the suspension. Well after further inspection it wasn't the suspension it was a bottle that went under my seat and it would bang against a spring that was connected seat position lever. Removed the bottle problem solved.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts