Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honest to God! It’s 10.34am and since 8.30am, I’ve been trying to buy a GPS latest maps update for my CX5 Akera. I have spoken with half of bloody Mazda and NO one can help me. My computer sends an error message each time I hit ‘order and pay’. It may be that my computer is not whizz bang enough to process this step - I rarely use my pc now and only for word processing. I cannot access another computer. I have downloaded the toolbox and followed every step without a hitch. It’s just when I get to the pay/order bit that it falls over. Frankly, I dunno about anyone else out there but I find the whole Mazda GPS side of things totally non-user friendly. It’s clumsy, not at all intuitive and the upshot is, I end up using Google Maps. I’ve contacted Mazda suggesting it gets an agreement going with Google to use Google Maps via the Cloud but that’s just a bridge too far it seems. Mazda would rather its customers buggerise around getting updates for its clumsy nav system. Over it. Once again I’ll be using Google Maps which isn’t ideal under the circumstances. Aaaargh😬😩😡

·
Registered
13 Posts
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Rectangle Number
Why do you have to buy it? The Map updates are free for 3 years. You don't indicate your year model or when you purchased it. I have a Mazda 3 and I use the Mazda Update Toolbox to update my maps for free. I just insert the SD card into the card reader and it recognises if there is an update available. I DO NOT have to enter any payment details whatsoever. Just take your Mazda to the dealer and get them to update it for you.

Map updates are usually released biannually, and as a Mazda owner, you’re entitled to three years complimentary support from MapCare.
I just use one of these from Officeworks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 106352 Why do you have to buy it? The Map updates are free for 3 years. You don't indicate your year model or when you purchased it. I have a Mazda 3 and I use the Mazda Update Toolbox to update my maps for free. I just insert the SD card into the card reader and it recognises if there is an update available. I DO NOT have to enter any payment details whatsoever. Just take your Mazda to the dealer and get them to update it for you.

I just use one of these from Officeworks

My three years ran out. My CX5 is a 2015 model. My computer sends an error message when I hit the pay/order command. I live in the remote Outback - I have no access to a Mazda dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts