Mazda3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys its about that time. I got my drop installed in August 2008. I can no longer stand the headache. My car is entirely too low, it hits EVERYTHING and my tires are beyond shredded lol. Its not the drops fault its my cities fault for not fixing up there shitty roads. I have the BC coilovers btw if you didnt know.

How much would all new components cost? i have a busted endlink (driver side) and i tossed all the stock stuff in the bin cuz i didnt have anywhere to store it when i did swap. i dont need any of the sway bars. my racing beat ones kick ass they just need to be lubed and tightened down. i want to go to like a prokit or something but i dont have the OEM struts and stuff. any of you autox guys know a crapload more about suspension than i do lol. please help me out here ^_^

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Re: Going Back to stock or at least springs :(

Have you tried just increasing the height of your coilovers? They will probably ride a lot better if raised nearer to stock height. Do you have them slammed?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

ive tried adjusting. i just dont wanna deal with it anymore

·
Registered
10,739 Posts

That's too bad. If you wanna go back to stock, my best suggestion would be getting a lightly used set of OEM springs and shocks from someone else who just upgraded to coilovers. Or if yours are in really good condition with low miles, even offer doing a trade?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

i got less than 7k on them. im not gonna lie. the driver side coil has some issues. you know where the endlink connects to the coil? well that lil bracket snapped off. i have the endlink , bracket and everything still. just needs to be flattened and welded back on. just too much of a pain in the ass for me to deal with. i would trade for stock ina heartbeat. than id just go buy a prokit setup. wast thinking the koni thingamabob but dont know which setup to get for both front and rear

·
Registered
207 Posts

Try Racing Beat Springs and Koni FSD's. Rides like stock, handles better. Also, did you upgrade your endlinks? Racing Beat offers upgraded end links as well.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i have the whole racing beat catalog lol front,rear and endlinks altho i need new ones lol. as for the fsd's what are they. the whole replacement for the stock strut things the springs go on? are they replacements for front and back?

·
Registered
207 Posts

FSD's-made by Koni, come as a package front struts, rear shocks, soft on quick impacts, firm on slow impacts.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

so the fsd kit and prokit springs is all i need to be able to completly replace the colovers?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts

[quote author=Marne_Aeok link=topic=138988.msg2995773#msg2995773 date=1237149099]
so the fsd kit and prokit springs is all i need to be able to completly replace the colovers?
[/quote]

Yeah, that's a good combination.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

k ill start looking around for a set. hope there not too expensive.

·
Registered
207 Posts

They come as a complete kit, Koni FSD and Eibach pro kit. Check NSN Motorsports, one of our sponsors.

·
Registered
207 Posts

That's it. I have the Koni FSD shocks/struts and Racing Beat springs. Lowers about 1/2 inch, ride and handling are both very, very nice.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

pics please

·
Registered
25,357 Posts

I might be able to hook you up with a stock speed 3 suspension if you want to trade for the coilovers.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

DONE

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.