Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about this earlier but it turns out my description was pretty inaccurate...

Basically when I stop my car (with the engine still running, or even for about a minute after the engine has been turned off!) I hear a noise coming from somewhere behind me. It comes every few seconds and, sitting in the passenger cabin, it sounds like something heavy falling over in the trunk (and no, there's nothing in the trunk actually falling over repeatedly :)). Hard to describe in words but it sounds like a "thunk". If I get out of the car and put my head in the trunk I can hear the same sound but it's quite a bit louder. I'm going to try to setup an appointment with the dealer (I've only had the car for 6 weeks), but any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Could be the gas in your tank sloshing and rocking. Noticed it with mine a few times. Try it with a slammed full tank and see if it's still there. The only other thing back there is the leak detect pump and charcoal can, but those items arent in operation with the engine off, and they don't (can't) normally make any noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts