Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty please? There are so many topics that have been railroaded into the ground or hijacked that I simply don't want popping up in my "Show new replies to your posts" section. It's gotten so bad that I won't even reply to a topic for a quick explanation to someone simply because I don't want that thread to pop up on my new replies for the rest of time.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1193

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
It's a possibility. We know that mod author well and use a significant amount of his software (as well as have him consult on a variety of issues). I can't give a timeframe for implementation though. We have a lot of major projects in progress.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Thank god it is at least possible. I dont post in some topics even when I know the answer because i already have a ton of things that pop up.

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
[quote author=FOOF3R link=topic=168841.msg3576277#msg3576277 date=1269041816]
Thank god it is at least possible. I dont post in some topics even when I know the answer because i already have a ton of things that pop up.
[/quote]

I feel for you. If something comes up that needs moderation in one of the huge chat threads I won't post in it for that reason. Instead I'll find whichever other mod has already posted in it and have them do it.

Dan this would be an awesome feature

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote author=icspots link=topic=168841.msg3576517#msg3576517 date=1269055333]
[quote author=FOOF3R link=topic=168841.msg3576277#msg3576277 date=1269041816]
[/quote]

I feel for you. If something comes up that needs moderation in one of the huge chat threads I won't post in it for that reason. Instead I'll find whichever other mod has already posted in it and have them do it.

Dan this would be an awesome feature
[/quote]

Epic.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Agreed icspots.

Hopefully once things are set with site stability this will be put into place.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote author=Oricle link=topic=168841.msg3576626#msg3576626 date=1269061720]
just delete the email and dont go into that thread again, the emails will stop coming. :dunno:
[/quote]

They still show up in the "Show new replies to your posts." Read the OP and click the link, there's pics of what I'm talking about. This is not the same thing as subscribing by hitting "notify" for email notification and later deciding to unsubscribe.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
[quote author=bicycle_wreck link=topic=168841.msg3576631#msg3576631 date=1269062014]
[quote author=Oricle link=topic=168841.msg3576626#msg3576626 date=1269061720]
just delete the email and dont go into that thread again, the emails will stop coming. :dunno:
[/quote]

They still show up in the "Show new replies to your posts." Read the OP and click the link, there's pics of what I'm talking about. This is not the same thing as subscribing by hitting "notify" for email notification and later deciding to unsubscribe.
[/quote]

ah, i see what your talking about now. i never use that feature

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
So I took a look at this mod today for you guys. Unfortunately it has not been updated since 2008 and is not compatible with current versions of SMF. I might try to update it, but it isn't going to be a quick fix.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I want this soooo bad as I hate getting email notifications so I have them turned off and I rely on my "Show New Replies to Your Posts" feature and there are several threads I could care less about and they continue to pop up...some more frequently than others, but still enough to where I wish I could just unsubscribe to them.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Believe me I agree with you. Perhaps I'll talk to the mod author about it. I'm a little burned out right now though... I've literally been working on code for this forum as a full time job (or more) the last 2-3 weeks. I'll try to look into it though.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=168841.msg3603029#msg3603029 date=1270584803]
Believe me I agree with you. Perhaps I'll talk to the mod author about it. I'm a little burned out right now though... I've literally been working on code for this forum as a full time job (or more) the last 2-3 weeks. I'll try to look into it though.
[/quote]

I'd love you! I can imagine you've been pretty busy with the site going done a few weeks back and now the upgrade. Everything appears pretty nice now and in working order.

I'd maybe keep one running topic going of things people like and dislike about the new layout and possibly make changes later on down the road when you have a good idea of what people would like to see. As it is now I'm fine with it and thank you for all your hard work the last couple weeks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts