Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought any universal floor mats from Canadian or the like and fir them successfully?
I'd like to get some nice rubber mats for the front. Performance Mazda wants $91 for a full set, on "special"

thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
773 Posts
$19.97 or maybe 29.97 @ Costco for Michelin - Ill let you know.

---

I got a stupid question for everyone... I just bought them (Michelin Mats) and they REALLY don't fit in front. It says on the packaging that they are "adjustable", does that mean I have to cut and trim the edges so that they fit nicely? Or am I just on crack and the MZ3 needs special mats?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to trim the Michelin ones to fit. Cut along the grooves with a good pair of scissors. I have them in my 3 hatch and I think they are really good for winter because of its deep moisture pockets and it keeps the water contained in the winter. They are $29.95 at Costco and I think it is better than any canadian tire ones.

·
Registered
773 Posts
[quote author=herbulous link=topic=67415.msg1174099#msg1174099 date=1170052729]
You have to trim the Michelin ones to fit. Cut along the grooves with a good pair of scissors. I have them in my 3 hatch and I think they are really good for winter because of its deep moisture pockets and it keeps the water contained in the winter. They are $29.95 at Costco and I think it is better than any canadian tire ones.
[/quote]

Woot! I finaly know what to do with them, I was wondering if that's what I had to do, but wasn't sure. I still have my carpets in the car... ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone have pics of their trimmed-to-fit "universal" floor mats? I hate returning stuff...

A possible idea would be to trace the shape of the carpet mats onto newspaper and take the newspaper template to the store to try to find one large enough... Then again I might look like a stark raving loon :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just going to bring the whole mat into crappy tire with me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just FYI for everyone...

Canadian Tire has a BIG sale this week. March 10 - 16.

These is Michelin Extreme floor mays on sale for HALF PRICE!! $12.49!!!!
and there are off brand ones for $8.49!!!
I'm going to bring in one of the mats from the Mazda and get a set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts