Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting confused by this page. The title says it's an umnitza SRI but the pictures below say it's a simonta SRI. And I remember seeing a thread somewhere about a guy telling another guy who bought a simonta that it sux and he should've bought a umnitza. So I thought they're different brand.

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cPath=110_81&products_id=272

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The two are from the same manufacturer. The only problem is that there at least three different production versions out there. Not sure which version is the best...

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
they're all the same, umnitza just jacks up the price and provides you with terrible customer service. if you purchase one, don't go through umnitza.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I think I'll probably get a buddy club condenser when I have the money. This is less confusing lol.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Protephile is having a GB on the Simota SRI. $195 shipped, I believe. Check the group buy board.

For the record:
v1 - No problems
v2 - Added velocity stack to improve flow; CELs common
v3 - Modified MAFS housing to eliminate CELs. This the version currently being sold, and has no problems.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
[quote author=dmention7 link=topic=66643.msg1144558#msg1144558 date=1168544770]
Protephile is having a GB on the Simota SRI. $195 shipped, I believe. Check the group buy board.

For the record:
v1 - No problems
v2 - Added velocity stack to improve flow; CELs common
v3 - Modified MAFS housing to eliminate CELs. This the version currently being sold, and has no problems.
[/quote]

Is there any documentation or any thoughts on which version makes more power?

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Well, considering that the v2 is basically out of the running, the v3 is a better design than the v1. That said, the power gains of any SRI are pretty minute on this car, and the differences between them are even smaller. Without any other major mods, an SRI mainly provides increased throttle response and a bit better torque in the low end.

It's kind of a moot point though, since the only place you're going to find a v1 anyways is the few people who place it up for sale. The v3's have been the only ones being sold new for a long time now.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I was wondering if there were gains to be had by replacing my V1 with a V3. Sounds as though there aren't. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts