Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some reading on the benefits of well, all these modddds.
The only conclusion that I can come to is that I'm an idiot.
I'm looking at a number of different products, and I have no idea what to do first, haha.
Give me a hand; these are what I'm considering:

Cobb turbo inlet
CPE CAI
Eibach prokit
Corksport dp

Also feel free to suggest something that's not there
thanks

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well, if you're going to go with the CPe CAI, why not go with their turbo inlet? Might as well go 3" from the intake all the way to the turbo (where it reduces to 2.5") instead of having to reduce right after the CAI.

But hey, anything is better than that squashed piece of shit plastic part they put in there originally...

TIM

·
Registered
81 Posts
do the CAI and inlet first. doesnt matter what combination of makers.

If your getting a DP go catted, and even then you still might get boost cut in low temps, so you might as figure in some tuning method. add $$

I'm not that familiar with the stock struts on the ms3, but general rule for other cars I've owned....you dont lower a car on stock struts. Even if they last a short while, they arent meant to handle a drop. You should buy struts. add $$

:smokinamd:

·
Registered
903 Posts
if you want power, just go for the cold air intake and a catted downpipe. the inlet pipe is not necessary right away, its a suporting mod and wont really give you much power.

i would highly recommend cp-e's catted downpipe and cai, they work well together, are highly engineered and manufactured, and you wont throw a cel with the catted dp.

imo, these are the best bang for buck power mods....they will open up your car to breath easier and you will have a completely different beast.

if youre looking to do suspension, imo, the front and rear sway bars are the best bang for buck. others will say the springs, but im not into having my shocks blow out early. i would rather do full coil over setup when i am ready....

with the dp and intake you will definately need a rear motor mount to put that power to the ground, again, cpe makes a quality piece and i have to reccomend it....

if you have any other questions, lmk....

many other companies make all the parts that i mentioned, but you really get what you pay for. cpe's quality, engineering, and craftsmanship is well worth it imo.....

·
Registered
667 Posts
[quote author=mazdaj link=topic=139218.msg3000165#msg3000165 date=1237319394]

with the dp and intake you will definately need a rear motor mount to put that power to the ground, again, cpe makes a quality piece and i have to reccomend it....

[/quote]As an avid reasearcher and modder on other cars, I say do the motor mount first. There lots of cases of problems with them, and adding more power will only make it worse/fail faster. Do the mount, then go for power.
It's the least fun mod and doesn't make the car any faster, but it's good to get it out of the way early.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I should have mentioned that too! The mount makes a HUGE difference in driveability. Takes the engine rock away, and makes clutch modulation much easier. Shifter bushings are a great little investment as well.

TIM

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
motor mounts are over-rated... i have tons of power on the stock mount with no issues. You have to consider the VIBRATOR effect on a non-stock mount and weigh that vs the engine torque-ing effect.

intake, inlet, downpipe w/cat. it really doesn't matter about the brand, but you get what you pay for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts