Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
u got to go the menu selct mazda3 and then scroll down

Ultra Street Lightened Underdrive Crank Pulleys

Unorthodox Racing Ultra Street lightened underdrive crank pulleys. Pulleys are CNC-machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum billet. Premium U.S. made 6061-T6 aluminum billet ensures the consistency of the material's strength and balance. Tolerances are held to within .001", and numerous machining steps are used to ensure the lightest possible design. In addition to fit, finish is just as important and each piece is representative of this. Every pulley is inspected multiple times from machining to anodizing to stocking and finally at shipping time. If at any point a pulley does not pass inspection it is pulled from production.

Unorthodox Racing lightened underdrive crank pulleys on average can provide gains of 5 to 12 HP and 4 to 8 lbs.-ft. on normally aspirated engines and 8 to 16 HP and 8 to 18 lbs.-ft. on forced induction engines. Higher gains are possible. For example, a Nissan 300ZX twin-turbo saw gains as high as 37 HP and 45 lbs.- ft. on the dyno just by replacing the stock crank pulley with our Ultra S lightened underdrive crank pulley.

Power gains are obtained in two ways. First, and most important, is the weight loss. An average of 2.7 HP is gained from every pound lost off the crank shaft. 85% of our gains are from weight loss.

The rest of the gains are from underdriving, which accounts for about 15% of the total gains. We do not push underdriving for two main reasons. The main reason is to keep charging systems, air conditioning, power steering, and water pumps moving fast enough for every day driving. Second, not much horsepower is gained from extreme underdriving. In most applications all of our underdriving is done with the crank pulley, not the accessory pulleys. This is done so maximum weight loss can be achieved at the crank where most of the horsepower gains are found.

Ultra Street crank pulleys cover a vast array of applications, including those with timing rings. Depending on the application, we will either supply a new timing ring or you will bolt the stock timing ring to our pulley. All timing rings are laser cut to exact specifications. If not cut properly, your vehicle may not run correctly, return error codes, or not run at all. You can always count on the quality of our pulleys and timing rings to keep your vehicle running for years to come.

Many Ultra Street pulley applications are available in our Ultra Street Sets which (in most cases) include all the accessory pulleys except for the A/C compressor. You can always purchase an Ultra Street crank pulley first, and then upgrade to an Ultra SS kit with the purchase of our Ultra Accessory pulleys. Ultra Street lightened underdrive crank pulleys are available in natural polished aluminum as well as black, red, and blue anodizing.

Ultra Street pulley for 2.0l engines shown in blue. (may not be exactly as shown)

Models Part Description Base Part Number Price
2004 and newer 2.3l Ultra S Crank Pulley TBA TBA

2004 and newer 2.0l Ultra S Crank Pulley TBA TBA

Please email our order desk with your request for more information

·
Registered
860 Posts
I cant wait till the sprocket and the pulleys are available to buy. I wonder if we can full off a group buy and get a really good rate on a test of both.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i would love to see a gb on these... i need more hp...

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
didnt i see somewhere that these would make it mandatory that a/c be removed? i remember reading something about underdrive pulleys a while back that led many people to sway against them.

if not id be interested, i have the 2.3 though.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=71456.msg1257483#msg1257483 date=1173408493]
didnt i see somewhere that these would make it mandatory that a/c be removed? i remember reading something about underdrive pulleys a while back that led many people to sway against them.

if not id be interested, i have the 2.3 though.
[/quote]
These aren't underdrive pullies, these are cam sprockets. Two different things. You would never want to underdrive your timing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I asked about Adjustable cam sprockets last fall when I bought my car and people chimed in and said it couldn't be done because our cars have VCT...so what gives?

·
Registered
585 Posts
[quote author=j-so link=topic=71456.msg1258270#msg1258270 date=1173457049]
Hondas have VTEC and people throw cam sprockets on them all the time.
[/quote]

yes and that is true... but hondas do not have their vvt n the cam sproket.... they have it on the actual cam shaft....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts