Mazda3 Forums banner

Whats your average gas milage

• Total voters
5961 - 5977 of 5977 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ended up putting on just shy of 800 miles on my 2013 i touring hatch a couple weekends ago. Averaged 40.5mpg (calculated). I used cruise control set to around 72mph for most of the trip, a little bit of traffic, a little bit of A/C, mostly freeway with some mountains sprinkled in. My typical drive is 70/30 highway and typically get 37.5mpg. Overall, very happy with this car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my wife - well leased, technically
Leased a wife, huh? I should have tried that.
If your unhappy, just trade her in on a new model after a couple of years.

And as long as your careful, you don't get tagged for excessive mileage, dents, dings, chips, body damage.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2015 iTouring 5-door.

I drive about 70-80 miles a day going to work and school.

My drive to work is about 15 miles of surface streets followed by probably 5 miles of canyons. Vice versa on the way back. I take it easy on the streets but I let her rip in the canyons.

The remaining 40 miles are to school and back via freeway. (traffic on the way and no traffic on the way back).

My combined mpg is approx 35mpg. Freaking amazing to say the least. :huh2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm new here, but there's no way I'm reading 598 pages to catch up on this thread.
I've had my 2006 2.3 Hatch on the road for a week, drove 520 miles on 17.4 gallons, and averaged 29.88 mpg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After 1000 miles of ownership, I went 350 miles on 11.2 gallons, which is 31.25 mpg.
I bought this car hoping to top 30 mpg.......... and I'm not disappointed.
It's more fun than I anticipated it would be.
My automotive progression started with first gen Mustangs, then I went more utilitarian with wagons and pickups, because I like to tow stuff like campers and ATV trailers.
There was an eight year span when my daily driver was a graymarket E21 bodied 323i. Looked like a garden variety 320i, but the six banger ran circles around them. This was also a police auction special. Fun car to drive, but it finally succumbed to the tin worms.
I also owned an 05' Mini Cooper S, that was a fun car too, and I'm surprised how much the Mazda reminds me of it. BTW, it got 28/33 mpg, so the Mazda is not very far behind in that category too.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well i just did my test of how much will i get from full tank of gas and if the math right i must say im happy with the results :)

422 miles on 11.9 gallons that would be 35.462*******

And only mods i got on my car is CAI, advanced ignition mod, Tsudo fireball exhaust with manual gearbox :)

P.S. light came up when it was 380 miles on it

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2014 iTouring Sedan 6 SPD. First tank of gas after we took possession in June 2014 was a trip from here in the Berkshires up to Killington in VT for a weekend away with my wife and got 38 MPG and was very impressed with the sipping of this car. Most we have gotten on a tank was a trip from here to Grand Isle, NY on our way to Michigan, all highway, 75 MPH average and got 39.6 MPG. We have 22K miles on it now and have averaged about 34 - 36 in mixed driving. Also a fun car that feels solid and well put together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
gas mileage 2008 Mazda 3i, 2.0 litre automatic

hello, I bought my 2008 in February 15, and at first was getting 31-32 mpg. I bought a ScanGauge in June and my mileage started increasing almost immediately. I am driving 85 hilly highway miles per day and have been averaging over 36mpg, and up to 38. I have definitely slowed down, especially do not any longer speed up hills! But the savings are not all about speed, much is about how the ScanGauge helps you learn how to drive more efficiently. And, zoom zoom is still there when the mood demands it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update: 2 years 6 months later..

Getting 33-36 MPG still.

2005 mazda3 2.3 Manual with 182k on the clock :surprise:

The only major repair I did to it was at 160k the original clutch went.

It has started to consume a lot of oil but I hear thats somewhat normal for these engines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2006 Mazda 3 2.3 HB Manual

Typically get around 30-35 with 75% highway driving. I've maxed out at close to 50mpg on a weekend driving trip when I lived in Colorado (coasting FTW!). All of a sudden I just started getting terrible mileage, probably as low as 20mpg with the same driving habits and still mostly highway driving. Only change has been that I got new tires and they're filled to the right pressure. Any ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Computer says 38.4 in the winter. Summer months indicated roughly 39.7-40.1 depending on how many trips to Target/Chipotle I take.

2015 3i, 6 spd MT. Probably 90% hwy miles (130 miles round trip for work each day)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2016 Mazda3 HB iSport Auto that is 3 weeks old (almost 1,000 miles). Averaging 33 MPG. I don't live in a city but my driving is between city and highway. My drive to work is about 22 miles each way taking local routes where speed is anywhere from 45 to 60 MPH. I do not drive aggressive and don't overuse my brakes. Let's see what the MPG after putting in 3k miles. Supposedly, MPG improves after a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have an 05 3 hatch and am averaging 22-24mpg. I love the car but man, I had a 95 eagle talon making close to 800whp and even being awd and 3000lbs I was over 30 mpg cruising with dual pumps and 1600cc injectors.
This is frustrating because I see no reason why the mileage in this car is so awful.

·
Registered
210 Posts
163k miles on my 2007 mazda 3i sedan and still get 28+ miles/gallon. The most i've ever gotten was 39-41 mpg when it had 25k miles on it. That was all freeway driving, 65mph-69mph. Now it's mostly city and part freeway. 38-40mph city driving speed, some 42-44mph, and freeway 65-69mph.

5961 - 5977 of 5977 Posts