Mazda3 Forums banner

Lost steering

• Total voters
1241 - 1260 of 1272 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was so hoping to not post in this thread. Had my 08 3 for eleven days now. Took the family for a vacation in Chicago and on the 90/94 I go rear ended. Nothing major, but the paint is cracked loose from the bumper cover. Such is life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my car fixed. i got t boned and it dented in my door and quarter panel. no other damage. and was told its a $3400 fix. i ended up paying 2200.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Boom.
Haven't gotten any quotes for the damage yet. Door still snaps shut if you kick it real hard. Hopefully no frame damage. I might wanna buy a larger car, as it was not the fast of an accident and the door is really messed up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Was driving home, caught one side on a dirt road and hit a stop sign. Started to spin and landed in a ditch. Got both my bumpers messed up and a flat tire. Pics to come.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts

I was at fault. I was nearing a flashing red light (about 200 yards away). I took my eyes off of the road for a second or two and didn't realize the 2007 Honda Civic in front of me was either turning or coming to a stop. By the time I regained vision, I was able to slightly apply my brakes and swerve right a tad before impact. I was going between 25-35mph at the time of impact.

Thankfully, my insurance company is repairing my vehicle as the frame was not damaged and they assure me they can put everything back to like new. Major problems avoided.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought this 04 Mazda3 last summer as-is, it has 35k miles on it. I got it from a mech shop owner who was down sizing so he had to get rid of some of his projects.

He said it wasn't anything real major wrong with it, he just didn't have the time to fix it with everything else going on. So I picked it up, sat on it for awhile and finally had a chance to go through it with a friend who has a body/mech shop where I live now. Basically he said the car is jacked, frame damage and needs $3000 in parts alone... fml.

Not familiar with how these forums work, but if anyone has a hook up around the San Fran CA area or knows anyone 'parting out' their 3 and doesn't mind shipping parts please get back to me. I'd really like to get this car back on the road, its a beautiful car, the interior is absolutely flawless still smells brand new its a shame it's been sitting for 4 years like this.

So far Ive picked up:

- 2 new fenders
- New OEM Hood
- New OEM Radiator
- New OEM Headlights
- New OEM Bumper

I still need:

- Pass. axle
- Motor Mount ( On the passenger side that mounts to the timing cover )
- Timing Cover
- Alternator
- ABS Brake Control
- Rad. Fans

and probably some more things but thats all I can think of right now...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Paid off 2007 3s with ~75k miles and it was in great condition. Traffic light controlling my direction of travel turned green, I accelerated from a stop, impact from the left :( Front has been pushed to the right, FL suspension trashed, trans case dented, core support broken, radiator bent, etc... So far the repair shop has estimated $8400 in rapairs and still not totaled yet. Incident happened 4-30-11. Oh, no airbag deployment on either vehicle. I was still in first gear. Other car (06 camry) was making a left.
Should I have it repaired or take the $8400 - deductible + wrecked car and run? Shop mgr said the car is probably worth $2k as is. I don't want to get stuck with a car that has issues due to the wreck and repair, but I don't want a car note either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guy cut made a right turn and cut across 4 lanes of traffic to get into a McDonald's drive thru a builiding down the corner (S turn-esque) and came right across me. I managed to slow down quite a bit, but hit him square in the wheel. Walked away with this damage.

front bumper detached by halfalligator, on Flickr

front bumper detached wheel-well by halfalligator, on Flickr

front bumper scratch by halfalligator, on Flickr

So my question is, repair or replace?

I'd probably just get an OEM replacement unless there's a a sensible and economic ( ha! ) alternative. I'm going to try to place a screw/bolt and tape it and see how well that holds but that isn't a permanent solution.

·
Registered
153 Posts
lend my car to a buddy while on active duty and got a call around midnight to tell me its got a flat. when i get there this is what i saw

the body is not to bad but the suspension was where it was at. broken control arm blown shock busted wheel bearing, tie rods, ball joint, sway bar links. and thats just the driver side, passenger has the same damages, got quotes $5,800. now im driving it problem free.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Add my wifes '08 to the list. Pristine car till last week, it only has 34k.
She was driving down a 4 lane road with a median, had the right of way. Guy in a 4x4 f150 4 door, on a cell phone makes a left to go the same direction and never sees her. Takes her out and runs her up over a curb, wipes out at least 2 rims and tires. $3400 and climbing. Btw, it was a company truck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can't wait till someone hits me.. 2006 3i with 130k miles. So it's literally worth 2 grand. I love the car and all but... I'm ready for something else.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Acdna, aren't you the guy that I bought the oem 17 wheels from? I know of a body shop that will do a good job of repairing your car. My wifes '08, same as yours down to the color was repaired by them and you cant even tell it was hit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
[quote author=Bill link=topic=63532.msg4234001#msg4234001 date=1338220153]
Acdna, aren't you the guy that I bought the oem 17 wheels from? I know of a body shop that will do a good job of repairing your car. My wifes '08, same as yours down to the color was repaired by them and you cant even tell it was hit.
[/quote]
Yeah, lol. Well my car's been at IPAC since the accident. IPAC is literally 5 minutes away from work so I get to visit on lunch breaks if I want. and one of my appraiser friends from work sends me email updates on the car since he knows the guy that's taking care of my car. Car won't leave IPAC unless the paint is completely perfect. The appraiser is going to email me pictures tomorrow morning of the paint it went through today, I'll post up here. Oh, and the mechanic is going to have some springs I ordered installed for me

1241 - 1260 of 1272 Posts