Mazda3 Forums banner

Lost steering

• Total voters
1221 - 1240 of 1272 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
About 3 months ago, I was rear ended by a dumb chick and pushed into another dumb chick that rear ended another dumb chick.
So right in front of me a girl rear ended another girl, I see the accident and stop in time. I look in my mirror and see a girl in a Volvo station wagon about to smash into me. She hits me and pushed me into the other accident.
Every other driver was a girl under 20 years old, no offense to any women out there but these girls were annoying. Immediately on the phone calling daddy to ask what to do.
luckily my insurance was legit and they handled everything. Not much damage, only came out to around $5,000

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
[quote author=scmazdaspeed link=topic=63532.msg3499577#msg3499577 date=1263600330]
About 3 months ago, I was rear ended by a dumb chick and pushed into another dumb chick that rear ended another dumb chick.
So right in front of me a girl rear ended another girl, I see the accident and stop in time. I look in my mirror and see a girl in a Volvo station wagon about to smash into me. She hits me and pushed me into the other accident.
Every other driver was a girl under 20 years old, no offense to any women out there but these girls were annoying. Immediately on the phone calling daddy to ask what to do.
luckily my insurance was legit and they handled everything. Not much damage, only came out to around $5,000
[/quote]

for some reason I find that the part about 3 young girls being the main cause of this mini pileup to be funny... not the crash as they are never funny, but the fact that the stereotype of women drivers fits here.

and it's sad that these days $5,000 worth of damage is "not much damage" :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got my car out of the body shop last week for a broken fender and now I end up crashing my car in the snow. I was driving down the highway in TN on the way home, the road looks clear and I'm thinking that I will be able to make it back home before the big snowstorm hits. I drive slower to prevent from crashing. As I merge onto another lane my car starts fishtailing and I lose control. My car hits the concrete median in the center of the highway and I end up sliding all the way to the right shoulder of the highway. (lucky no one hit me) Got my car towed checked out the damage and found my front left wheel shattered and the tired shredded. The frame is twisted to the right in the front. Everything in the car still managed to work as well as the engine. But the car's suspension is completely fucked up.

If this is a total loss I will no longer have a mazdaspeed 3 and will just work soley on my Supra and I will be selling the parts off of my car.

It was a great wild ride with my little red wagon while it lasted and it will truly be missed. As far as a daily driver replacement I am looking into buying a truck so that I can tow my Supra around. Here are some pictures of my car in its prime. I will show some pictures of the wreck when the snow settles down over here.

·
Registered
872 Posts
^^^

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a pretty big loss, but I hope you get it back (love the look).

That Supra isn't a bad car to be left with though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
[quote author=PP210 link=topic=63532.msg3471900#msg3471900 date=1261857666]
well i guess im the first 2010 mazda here who crashed...
luckily it's the other dude's fault so i dont have to pay for any of it
can't wait till i get him back!!!

[/quote]

Sorry to hear. Btw, are you a bcmazda3.com member? check us out, if not.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's been a while since I've looked in here. I swore I posted pics in here. Well here's my story, it happened back on 1, Sept 2008. I was on my way home from a job I did (home theater). I noticed this truck in the opposite lane flashing lights (obviously it's dark) yet couldn't figure out why. As I got closer to him I dropped my speed from 40 mph to about 30 mph and just as I topped the hill to start descending down a dog had ran across the road. Slammed on the brakes and went from the left lane to partially into the right lane. Sadly I hit the dog. Got out, didn't see the dog, the guy in the truck said it ran off. So I rounded the front of the car to find this:

I have two other pictures but they aren't on my home computer, they're on my laptop at my parents house.

So I popped out the dent. There are a few scuffs on the bumper, the grille is cracked twice, the fog light housing is cracked, fog light blew and it rocks back and forth while driving. My horn sounded like it was kicked in the nuts because it could barely let out a high scream. Everything else looked ok. Only thing I've fixed is the horn and replaced the bulb, money is too tight to fix anything else right now.....even to this day it's still the way it is.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
You know I don't know wtf is wrong with people, it's has been proven that texting or talking on a cell phone is just as bad as driving drunk, here we have a big, boldly marked, 4ft wide designated biking lanes, I 'am not a pro cyclists nut, frankly I don't really care to have to share the same road with them because it is just one more thing I have to pay attention to, anyway we just had a school teacher ran over and killed by a person driving a car while they were texting, what makes matters worse is that the girlfriend of the driver held a benefit at the church of the guy her boyfriend killed supposedly to help out with funeral bills but what she did was try to use the money to try to get her boyfriend out of jail....how fucked up is that? Some people found out what she was upto and they stopped here, she was like "I 'am not doing anything wrong".
BTW I garantee you that I' am not another hypocrit complaining about other people while doing the same exact thing, I' am not some delusional fuck who thinks I have been blessed with god like skills that enables me to have god like reaction time/reflexes.....I 'am sure there are a fuck ton of people who "THOUGHT" it would never happen to them because they "THOUGHT" they were skilled enough to compensate for distractions, are people so stupid they would risk the lives of others or their very own life to socialize, wtf is so gd important that it can't wait?

Why is it when it is raining like hell out and you try to give yourself a 3 car length between yourself and the car in front of you a jack ass or two cut into your safety margin?

Seriously not to sound like some old fart but I used to enjoy driving, but not so much anymore, it seems like half the people out on the road aren't paying attention to jack shit...they just go through the motions, fuck looking in thier mirror before lane changing, hell screw even using a turn signal......it is like all or nothing here I come, ready or not, better get the fuck out of my way....screw everybody else, A 4 lane highway and they are in the far right lane and cut across every fucking lane to exit the highway in one motion damned even if there are cars in those lanes they are cutting across.
I absolutely do not trust anyone and I have to say that has served me well so far, sounds paranoid maybe but I go as far as to keep a pen and pad of paper to record licsense numbers of cars parked on either side or in front or behind me, again because I do not trust anyone to have an inkling of common sense, commom respect for others and thier property or thier safety and well being let alone themselves.

I consider myself lucky so far, I drive defensively as a possible can, but I' am sure it is only a matter of time before someone nails me, and honestly if it was because they were using a phone I 'am pretty sure I would lose it and make them eat the thing. There is absolutely no excuse for this to be happening... yet it is everyday....they might aswell be playing Russaina roulette cause it really is just a matter of time before something bad is going to happen!?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im still looking through all the pages on this thread, but so far, mine seems to be the most beat up car NOT to get totalled. 10k in damage + diminutive value I will stick them with will equal a total of around 13k. Long story short, at stop light, stopped with wife and my 2 yr old son, got rammed (or dakota'd) by an 05 dakota quad cab at 35mph!!!, bent the frame in the back, twisted the quarter, whole back end is ruined, pushed me 20 ft into the car in front of me, pushed my front end an inch to the right and snapped the radiator support for the headlights and hood in two. Scraped a wheel, pushed out every body panel, whole car needs repainted even the top.

Had the car 2 days (but I had an 04 HB 3 new, and 05 sedan new, and 3 mazda 5's so ill live)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently crashed my mazda 5 into a wall the wall was a metal fence and it did do some damage but not to big. It got towed away but the car still turned on and everything worked good they even drove it up on the flat bed. Now i got the news about my mazda and they are saying it is a total loos. i will post up pictures and please give me an opinion. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm so stupid!!!! Backed out of the garage a ran smack into my Mother-in-Law's van quarterpanel to quarterpanel. I can't believe it's going to cost $1000 to fix. Why is it so expensive to fix a small ding?

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was turning turning right into a mickey d's parking lot, then all of a sudden this drunk driver sneaked in between me and a parked van, essentially moving the van into the sidewalk 30-40 feet from where it was parked and blocked the entrance to mickey d's, then hitting me in the process. The drunk driver tried to escape and hit a BMW parked on the opposite side of the entrance but I blocked him and his bumper fell and he wasn't able to move further.

Went to the auto-body shop yesterday for an estimate and they'll replace the outside door panels on both doors on the right; clean, resurface, repaint and buff the side skirts, front fender and rear bumper. Although I think the side skirts will be replaced.

1221 - 1240 of 1272 Posts