Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I own an 07 Mazda 3 MPS (the UK mazdaspeed 3) that has the BOSE stereo fitted. Im looking to an iPod connector to it, and I like the look of the NEO proLINK with text.

Here comes the problem!

Since there has never really been SAT radio in the UK our stereos dont have that button. From Left to right we have clock / info / FM / AM / CD / Media above the headunit. Most of the nice text equipped iPod adaptors utilise the SAT socket on the rear and a quick press of the SAT button. Anyone know if UK headunits have the needed socket/buttons only under a different name?

I'll try to rustle up a pic of the rear of the headunit asap!

Thanks for any help you can give!

Nigel

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I think the Media button would suffice...it's what I use for my auxiliary connector (using Sat radio). I guess you could always switch out headunits, but I'm not sure if the FM/LW would be the same frequency. Out of curiousity, do you have an RDS function on your radio?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, RDS is present - station names and programme type. As far as I can remember from removing the headunit from earlier, there was 2 free sockets - one in a recess almost under the headunit, and then a bigger 16 pin socket on the opposite side from the car loom socket. Are there any labelled photos of the US model in dash 6cd changers rear?

·
Registered
214 Posts
[quote author=TEXNTHREE link=topic=134753.msg2897958#msg2897958 date=1233244025]
I think the Media button would suffice...it's what I use for my auxiliary connector (using Sat radio). I guess you could always switch out headunits, but I'm not sure if the FM/LW would be the same frequency. Out of curiousity, do you have an RDS function on your radio?
[/quote]

Sorry to threadjack here, but what AUX connector are you using that's plugged into your SAT location, TXNTHREE?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have the Auxmod plugged into the Media port, and have an XM Sportscaster reciever plugged into that.

My point was he could use the Media output to power his iPod with one of those fancy adaptors that show text and everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here, just had an '08 Mazda 3 TS2 for a little over a month now and loving it. However the iTrip I used in my old car (a Micra) doesn't give that great a reception in the 3, and as I have the media button left unused I've been pondering getting a connector. This thread has been a great help, as it's told me that the media button should do the same job as the SAT?

I presume this means for units such as those listed elsewhere in the guides here which say they must be connected to the SAT connector, I presume it'll work just the same for us Brits with a MEDIA button/port instead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts